A/c Out, Tech Said There's A Leak In Hose '92 Ls400 Need Help

JTom

Hey guys I need some advice. I had my LS400 1992 worked on for the A/C in another town and the guy said there's a leak in the hose, specifically the high side hose from compressor to condensor that was leaking freon, does anyone know if this is patchable, how much this should cost to fix or if this sounds legit?

Thanks.

Hey guys I need some advice. I had my LS400 1992 worked on for the A/C in another town and the guy said there's a leak in the hose, specifically the high side hose from compressor to condensor that was leaking freon, does anyone know if this is patchable, how much this should cost to fix or if this sounds legit?

Thanks.

Replace the hose...it runs at a super high pressure. That is my 2 cents.

Thanks.

Replace the hose...it runs at a super high pressure. That is my 2 cents.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah looks like it's $150 around TX unfortunately, the tech said that as well but just checking.

Dude, I think I can save you a lot of cash.

The hose that runs from the compressor to the condenser is very high pressure as everyone says. The neat thing is that it has a feature that most people don't know about.

Take out your battery. Look behind it, near the back of the headlights. You will see two ac lines. The one that goes to the aluminum junction block, about the size of a child's fist, is the place to look for a failed o-ring.

It is a little difficult to access, but if you take off the light closest to the lexus emblem and feel for the hole that the ac line goes through the headlight bulkhead, you can move the rubber/foam gasket enough to get a small socket extension in to get the ac line junction block apart.

Once you do I will bet that the o-ring will show either a break or be seriously beat up.

Take the o-ring to Lexus and ask for a new one. They are all silicone now due to 134a I believe, and orange in color.

Save yourself from paying too much for a repair when the o-ring has to be replaced anyway with a new hose.

With a cheap vacuum pump from harbor freight and an hour of your time it can be a very inexpensive repair.

Mine runs ICE cold now where before it leaked the refrigerant out slowly over time and got warm just when I needed it most.

Good luck! :)

p.s Remember to start the car just a few moments after you reconnect the battery, or I believe the anti-theft feature will be activated.

Hey JTom...one option is to have that hose repaired for about half the cost of a new one. They will replace the rubber hose with a new section, crimped to the tubing with OEM style crimps. See below for a link to my post that details my issues. I had the same problem with my "discharge" or high-side hose from the compressor.

AC Overhaul