Knock Sensor

I have been trying to get a straight up answer to this question for a while. Is the knock sensors in my car a problem that I need to be wooried about? If they are bad shoul I replaced them in a hurry or is a big problem period?

Can someone please give me a straight answer? I can take it

I have been trying to get a straight up answer to this question for a while. Is the knock sensors in my car a problem that I need to be wooried about? If they are bad shoul I replaced them in a hurry or is a big problem period?

Can anyone Help me?

Can anyone Help me?

If you elect to not replace the knock sensor a multitude of interlaced electrical and mechanical problems will result.

The most important is the motors ability to advance or !Removed! spark timing as you operate the car.

This in very important if you use low octane 87 fuel. The knock sensor retards the electrical advance program inside the ignition timing module when it senses spark knock inside the combustion chambers.

Eventually, worst case scenario are burned valves and severe piston and piston ring damage.

Without a timing light I couldn't say for sure but you may not have any ignition advance at all without the knock sensor. Fuel economy would drop directly in the toilet if this happens.

I'd strongly recommend replacing it for your continued life expectancy of the motor.

Can anyone Help me?

If you elect to not replace the knock sensor a multitude of interlaced electrical and mechanical problems will result.

The most important is the motors ability to advance or !Removed! spark timing as you operate the car.

This in very important if you use low octane 87 fuel. The knock sensor retards the electrical advance program inside the ignition timing module when it senses spark knock inside the combustion chambers.

Eventually, worst case scenario are burned valves and severe piston and piston ring damage.

Without a timing light I couldn't say for sure but you may not have any ignition advance at all without the knock sensor. Fuel economy would drop directly in the toilet if this happens.

I'd strongly recommend replacing it for your continued life expectancy of the motor.

ok Thanks I will!Does the knock sensor slow your rpm down and make your car run slower?

Likely. Some symptoms include sluggish engine, bad fuel economy, and poor acceleration.

Can anyone Help me?

ok Thanks I will!Does the knock sensor slow your rpm down and make your car run slower?

Likely. Some symptoms include sluggish engine, bad fuel economy, and poor acceleration.

Can anyone Help me?

okay i got you and I appreciate your help very much but when my check engine light comes on! I also get a leakage light come on at about the same time! Is this normal!!

please clarify

Can anyone Help me?

okay i got you and I appreciate your help very much but when my check engine light comes on! I also get a leakage light come on at about the same time! Is this normal!!

please clarify

Can anyone Help me?

It looks like an oil leak light light, is this normal

I have been trying to get a straight up answer to this question for a while. Is the knock sensors in my car a problem that I need to be worried about? If they are bad shoul I replaced them in a hurry or is a big problem period?

If you are somewhat mechanically inclined get the parts at your toyota dealership and replace them yourself. My (then) husband and I replaced ours in a few hours. The parts cost for 2 was $360. Only one was bad, but if you are already in there, you mind as well replace both. The dealer wanted to charge us $1000 for parts and labor.

I could be wrong, but you can eventually mess up your transmission if you let it go too long. For us the car always RPM'd too high which is not good.

Best wishes to ya.

I have been trying to get a straight up answer to this question for a while. Is the knock sensors in my car a problem that I need to be worried about? If they are bad shoul I replaced them in a hurry or is a big problem period?

If you are somewhat mechanically inclined get the parts at your toyota dealership and replace them yourself. My (then) husband and I replaced ours in a few hours. The parts cost for 2 was $360. Only one was bad, but if you are already in there, you mind as well replace both. The dealer wanted to charge us $1000 for parts and labor.

I could be wrong, but you can eventually mess up your transmission if you let it go too long. For us the car always RPM'd too high which is not good.

Best wishes to ya.

Ok what will I need to do this job and I can go to the Toyata Dealership and get parts for 1993 Lexus Es300

Can please send me a manual or tutorial to find out how to do this job my self

You are a life saver

Best wishes to ya.

Ok what will I need to do this job and I can go to the Toyata Dealership and get parts for 1993 Lexus Es300

Can please send me a manual or tutorial to find out how to do this job my self

You are a life saver

And How long wouldyou let one go before it starts messing up the transmission

Do you need any special tools to replace this?

Honestly, I am not sure. Let me tell you...my then husband was a psychologist, not a mechanic, so the tools he had were not overly 'special'. I think is was a matter of having a good socket set for the most part and looking up the torque specifications. Oh, that is a tool, that little thing that shows torque pressure. Sorry, I am not a mechanic either. :)

This forum has a repair booklet posted and really it is most helpful, it goes step by step. If you do some research online you can find pictures too, I think one set of pictures may be for a Toyota Sienna, which I think is a similiar type of car design. You can at least get the dynamics that way.

Hope that helps some.