Tire Noise?

2005 ES 330 45,000 miles 17" wheels. Bought the car used about 2 years ago. Iy has always had a low grade whine-- thought it was the tire tread design. The car has Cooper Lifeliner tires that were on the car when I bought it. I rotated the tires and the noise came to the forefront-verty noticable. I exchanged the spare with the left front and the noise went away. It came back when I put the Cooper back on. Do tires make that kind of whining-- on every road surface--hot or cold. DO I wait to put the Michelins on until they wear some more or are is this tire dangerous. Tire pressure doesn't change it much.

2005 ES 330 45,000 miles 17" wheels. Bought the car used about 2 years ago. Iy has always had a low grade whine-- thought it was the tire tread design. The car has Cooper Lifeliner tires that were on the car when I bought it. I rotated the tires and the noise came to the forefront-verty noticable. I exchanged the spare with the left front and the noise went away. It came back when I put the Cooper back on. Do tires make that kind of whining-- on every road surface--hot or cold. DO I wait to put the Michelins on until they wear some more or are is this tire dangerous. Tire pressure doesn't change it much.

[/quote

do the tires have a deep tread?

Bit the bullet and bought the Michelin Primacy tires. Added an alignment---what a difference they made. You can almost hear your heart beating now! When they changed the tires they scratched the rims a little--not enough to fuss at the guys (they have been good to me over the years). Anyone know where I can get some touch up paint?

Bit the bullet and bought the Michelin Primacy tires. Added an alignment---what a difference they made. You can almost hear your heart beating now! When they changed the tires they scratched the rims a little--not enough to fuss at the guys (they have been good to me over the years). Anyone know where I can get some touch up paint?

my favorite part is how you would take a few scratches for the primacy tires...and then ask for touch up paint. In aviation, where I work and play, that kind of thinking would get someone killed...