Sony Xplōd® Double Din Cd Receiver In Lx-470?

Badams

I am having problems with the stock stereo in my 1999 LX 470 and even crutchfield does not have any recommendations for a replacement system. Has anyone see or tried any other stereo systems in a 1999 LX 470 Nakomichi stereo stock? I have found options of getting the old system rebuilt but that seems like something that may not work out well ... break again soon and is pretty expensive. Also another option that had an aux input for iPod would be prefered ... FM transmitters for the iPods seem to get static quite often.

This one looks interesting :-?

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...552921665801112

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have 2001 lx with mark levinson sound, but on time when i bought it had one speaker and sub problem. I thought that I could solve this problem by replacing the JBL speaker and Kicker sub but it had a horrible distortions, as i guessed because of different resistance between Stock stereo. So the only one option to solve this problem was the new stereo system. Now I'm close to your question:) i bought Sony double din DVD player, took out the stock player and fit the newer one, replaced all the stock speakers with new JBL and Infinity. Although Sub JBL 1000 watts. And here is the main problem, all this doesn't fit the stock wiring. So i had to bypass the stock wiring and install new wire for all speakers and power directly from the battery for Head Unit and separately for sub and amplifier. So keep in mind that if you buy that Xplod you'll have to do same steps as i did.

Good Luck