New Michelin Tires

My wife has an 07 IS 250 RWD which had Bridgestone summer tires that were not wearing well at all and the road noise was driving us crazy.

We special ordered some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (Ultra High Performance All-Season) Front: 225/40ZR18, Rear: 255/40ZR18 and the difference has been amazing. The road noise is gone and the car is so much quieter. She feels like she has a new car and we both feel like her car is the awesome car we first test drove two years ago. It's only been one week but we are very happy with these tires and I just wanted to let others know.

• Like 1

I just bought the same tires at Costco for my 07 IS250 AWD. The Bridgestones had a bubble in one tire & I didn't want to risk it. Haven't driven it enough to judge the new tires, but they better be good at the price I paid.

I paid a fortune at Sam's Club so I'm banking these tires will last much longer than the Bridgestones based on what I read.

I just bought the same tires at Costco for my 07 IS250 AWD. The Bridgestones had a bubble in one tire & I didn't want to risk it. Haven't driven it enough to judge the new tires, but they better be good at the price I paid.

I paid a fortune at Sam's Club so I'm banking these tires will last much longer than the Bridgestones based on what I read.

Agreed. They were not cheap, but they have a 45,000 mile tread life warranty. My guess is they will be good for more than 50k miles. I didn't want to buy a tire that didn't have a tread life warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. They were not cheap, but they have a 45,000 mile tread life warranty. My guess is they will be good for more than 50k miles. I didn't want to buy a tire that didn't have a tread life warranty.

With a 45m warranty, I'm surprised the ride and road noise was not affected. I'm a new IS250 owner and am concerned with tire mileage. The car has 18" Bridgestone Turanza y rated, and i've been told to expect 12-15m miles from them. There is no hard driving with the car, dry sothern California weather. Any experiance with these tires?

• 2 weeks later...

With a 45m warranty, I'm surprised the ride and road noise was not affected. I'm a new IS250 owner and am concerned with tire mileage. The car has 18" Bridgestone Turanza y rated, and i've been told to expect 12-15m miles from them. There is no hard driving with the car, dry sothern California weather. Any experiance with these tires?

I have a 2007 IS250. I've got Bridgestone Potenzas on mine and I've got ~23000 miles on them. I think I'll get 25-30K out of the tires. I am also in SoCal and I do not drive the car hard. I think you'll get more than 15K out of yours. BTW, how much were the Michelins at CostCo?

I have a 2007 IS250. I've got Bridgestone Potenzas on mine and I've got ~23000 miles on them. I think I'll get 25-30K out of the tires. I am also in SoCal and I do not drive the car hard. I think you'll get more than 15K out of yours. BTW, how much were the Michelins at CostCo?

I just put the michelins on my gs430 and luv them. I just put nitrogen in the tires and the ride is better than before. It also helps as far as the keeping the tire wear even.

• 4 months later...

I've got the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires on my IS 350 and have about 20,000 miles on them now. They wear very well, handle great and still aren't the least bit noisy. In my opinion, these are the BEST tires for this car. The OEM Turanzas completely sucked.

I've got the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires on my IS 350 and have about 20,000 miles on them now. They wear very well, handle great and still aren't the least bit noisy. In my opinion, these are the BEST tires for this car. The OEM Turanzas completely sucked.

I spoke to the guys at Costco. They have someone that has about 30k on this tire, with about 30% wear left...I just bought the back 2 tires as the Michelin A/S Sport. If the car gets 35k, I will be happy, the factory tires were ridiculous, they would at the best get 20k driving it really cautiously....

I bought the aforementioned Michelins in June and they are well worth the money as they improved the handling dramatically. It has now snowed here and they are better in the snow than the original Bridgestone RE 92's. I would recommend them to anyone who owns an IS 250 or 350.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought the aforementioned Michelins in June and they are well worth the money as they improved the handling dramatically. It has now snowed here and they are better in the snow than the original Bridgestone RE 92's. I would recommend them to anyone who owns an IS 250 or 350.

BIG +1 here. Not that I took my car out in 22" of snow (3 days after 18" of snow), but with an inch of packed snow on the roads this morning, after the plows were working all night, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus were WAY better than the Bridgestone RE92s were, even when there was only a minor snow fall.

• 1 month later...

I bought the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S about 25,000 miles ago at Costco. I think they were around ~$1100 for the set (18"). I've had no issue with these tires. Quiet, smooth, great in heavy rain, and plenty of tread left. I actually found the original Bridgestone Potenzas summer tires to have a little better dry traction than the Pilots, and they lasted me nearly 30,000 miles. But overall, the Michelins are a better tire. I see no reason why I wont get the full 45,000 miles from these, if not more.

• 2 weeks later...

BIG +1 here. Not that I took my car out in 22" of snow (3 days after 18" of snow), but with an inch of packed snow on the roads this morning, after the plows were working all night, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus were WAY better than the Bridgestone RE92s were, even when there was only a minor snow fall.

In true Costco form, the website doesn't show them stocking the Pilot Sport A/S Plus anymore. Anyone looking to buy @ Costco, if they have what you want, make a move before it's gone. They change out their inventory.

• 4 years later...

I just bought a used IS250 and I'm looking for some tires also. I don't want to pop anybodys bubble but I think if you read the fine print on the Michelin tires you will find the warranty is half of 45,000 miles (or whatever your milage rating is) if they are different size tires on the front and rear as mine are. They can't be rotated so they reduce the wear warranty by half. It's still the same tire so it really should not make any difference unless you are burning rubber off the rear tires. I haven't checked any of the other manufacturers yet but I would imagine they probably have about the same policy.

I just bought a used IS250 and I'm looking for some tires also. I don't want to pop anybodys bubble but I think if you read the fine print on the Michelin tires you will find the warranty is half of 45,000 miles (or whatever your milage rating is) if they are different size tires on the front and rear as mine are. They can't be rotated so they reduce the wear warranty by half. It's still the same tire so it really should not make any difference unless you are burning rubber off the rear tires. I haven't checked any of the other manufacturers yet but I would imagine they probably have about the same policy.

Is this different than other manufacturers as to staggered set up?

The only other brand I looked at was Pirelli and they were the same:

"For vehicles equipped with staggered size fitments (different tire sizes front and rear), the mileage warranty for the rear tires will be 50% of the stated mileage warranty for that line. Run Flat tires will have a mileage warranty of 50% of the stated mileage warranty for that line, not to exceed 30,000 miles, whichever is lower."

Just look under "Milage Warranty" for whatever brand you are looking at buying.

• 1 year later...

If you want to go that route I'm thinking you will need to buy some wheels that are the same size as the ones on the front.  The tires on the rear are much wider than the ones on the front.  I don't think the smaller tires could be mounted on the wide wheels.