Road Rage

Well, I had my first instance of road rage yesterday perpetrated upon me. I didn't do a darn thing, for those of you wondering, it was just a crazy woman who decided to stop in the middle of the road and not let me pass. Everytime I gunned it around her, she got in front of me again.

The IS250 handled well (after thinking about it, cuz, of course, I wasn't thinking about it at the time). The only thing is I wished it had the 350 engine, lol! I was thinking, if only I had my hubby's E63 right now, I could've just gunned it and got away from her......

Then I was thinking if I could've got the sequential shifting going, that would've helped, too. You know, you don't really think about those things till after the incident.........

Well, I had my first instance of road rage yesterday perpetrated upon me. I didn't do a darn thing, for those of you wondering, it was just a crazy woman who decided to stop in the middle of the road and not let me pass. Everytime I gunned it around her, she got in front of me again.

The IS250 handled well (after thinking about it, cuz, of course, I wasn't thinking about it at the time). The only thing is I wished it had the 350 engine, lol! I was thinking, if only I had my hubby's E63 right now, I could've just gunned it and got away from her......

Then I was thinking if I could've got the sequential shifting going, that would've helped, too. You know, you don't really think about those things till after the incident.........

Yes, the 350 is awsome when it comes to acceleration and passing power. But ever since I test drove an IS-F, i feel as though my 350 is underpowered and lacking that extra-special something...lol! The grass is always greener on the other side I guess.

I do the shifting thing .... but more power is better. I need a IS 350 with AWD...LEXUS are you listening???

I heard the Infinity G35 has AWD that disengages after a certain RPM, which gives you the AWD when you need it and the power of rear wheel drive when you want it. Anyone know if that is true? Of course the car doesn't have the good looks.

THAT WAS YOU! J/k.

Some people can be jerks...my wife always reminds me it is not worth getting all worked up over and raising your blood pressure. Or she might say you never know they may have a gun. Now I try to just not let them bug me...but errr... :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

I do the shifting thing .... but more power is better. I need a IS 350 with AWD...LEXUS are you listening???

I heard the Infinity G35 has AWD that disengages after a certain RPM, which gives you the AWD when you need it and the power of rear wheel drive when you want it. Anyone know if that is true? Of course the car doesn't have the good looks.

The IS splits the drive wheels 70% rear and 30% front under normal traction conditions. If traction is lost, up to 50% transfers to front. I thought the G37 was 100% rear under normal traction. Don't know about the hi rpms thing.

I see something just about every day on the road that could *BLEEP* me off to the point of it escalating. Just need to let it go. WAY easier said than done, of course. Deep breathing helps, and just remembering that it really isn't worth your energy, time, money, etc, to get too upset.

And yeah, more power would really be nice to have at times, but there is always going to be someone out there with more. Saw an awesome IS-F, and an Aston Martin yesterday....we were stuck in traffic...power didnt do much for any of us then :)

How true that is, Jay!

I have to say, this terrified me. I seriously did not do anything, as this person just came up behind me, went around in the center divider, and when I finally caught up to her, she decided to go berzerk. My husband was, like, why didn't you call 911? I didn't even have time. I had to keep both hands on the wheel to keep from hitting her. Oh, that, and honking. For some reason, I was honking the whole time. I found out the horn works really well in my car! ;)

I know the all new G37 2 door/coupe is avail in AWD, 3.5 litre engine.

I second that, Lexus, PLEASE make that IS350 AWD. Never wanted a 250 but needed that AWD.

Uhh....3.7 L.

You know, I've had to do a bit of self reflecting here recently. It's even funny when you think about it, but one of the problems with owning a 350 is this thing is so smooth, and quick, that everyone seems to be driving in slow motion. Coming off a red light with just 1/2 throttle produces a half a block of seperation between you and everyone else in nothing flat. So, when traffic gets heavier, it's hard to stay restrained and not run up on the cars in front of me. I've had to stop myself from becoming a bit over aggressive with some of my driving habits. So having a faster car in some ways is even more frustrating. I've owned some cars with 600+ hp, and believe me, sometimes it takes every ounce of my will not to drop the hammer coming around some jerk that decided he needed to change lanes right in front of you because they just seem to want to be in front, and then slow down 5 mph under the 45 mph current speed limit, which means most everyone else was doing 50-55, so traffic in the other lane is zipping by and your trapped!!! If only I could reach the back of thier head! I'd give it a good smack! LOL!!!

I agree with you smooth. Driving my IS350 I tend to get frustrated ALOT with traffic zipping in and out wanting to be the first in line at a red light. But when I am riding around in the LX470 I am much calmer and tend to drive the speed limit like it's a Sunday afternoon.

You know, I've had to do a bit of self reflecting here recently. It's even funny when you think about it, but one of the problems with owning a 350 is this thing is so smooth, and quick, that everyone seems to be driving in slow motion. Coming off a red light with just 1/2 throttle produces a half a block of seperation between you and everyone else in nothing flat. So, when traffic gets heavier, it's hard to stay restrained and not run up on the cars in front of me. I've had to stop myself from becoming a bit over aggressive with some of my driving habits. So having a faster car in some ways is even more frustrating. I've owned some cars with 600+ hp, and believe me, sometimes it takes every ounce of my will not to drop the hammer coming around some jerk that decided he needed to change lanes right in front of you because they just seem to want to be in front, and then slow down 5 mph under the 45 mph current speed limit, which means most everyone else was doing 50-55, so traffic in the other lane is zipping by and your trapped!!! If only I could reach the back of thier head! I'd give it a good smack! LOL!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Yeah, maybe having the 350 wouldn't help me now. I've decided to start driving slower and just taking my time. Living in SoCal, it's kinda hard. But I'm not about to get stressed out again over some loser who had something up her butt for some reason.....

Yes, the 350 is awsome when it comes to acceleration and passing power. But ever since I test drove an IS-F, i feel as though my 350 is underpowered and lacking that extra-special something...lol! The grass is always greener on the other side I guess.

I am with you 100%.

Actually, the gearing in the 350 is well thought out -- I would be happy if they bumped up torque to 300 ft-lbs. That would make a significant difference and cheaper than an F.