Speakers Not Working

i have an aftermarket head unit and my speakers are not working. my speakers are running off of an aftermarket amp in my trunk. the amp works just fine and powers up but i get no sound from the speakers. the tweeters are working just fine. and the subs i have in my trunk are working. do you think the speakers are just blown? how do i check to see if they are? i took the car to a stereo shop they said it could b my stock amp. but how can that be? i'm just confused. i have a 92 sc400

"do you think the speakers are just blown? how do i check to see if they are? i took the car to a stereo shop they said it could b my stock amp. but how can that be? i'm just confused. i have a 92 sc400"

hb4yfe711, It could be blown speakers, easiest way to check/test is by taking the trunk lining off. To gain access to the speakers +/- connections. Buy an inexpensive 2inch speaker (Walmart) disconnect the wires running to the speaker and hook up the wires to the working 2inch speaker, if you hear music speakers are blown.

Follow these procedures to replace with working speakers.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry234717

i have an aftermarket head unit and my speakers are not working. my speakers are running off of an aftermarket amp in my trunk. the amp works just fine and powers up but i get no sound from the speakers. the tweeters are working just fine. and the subs i have in my trunk are working. do you think the speakers are just blown? how do i check to see if they are? i took the car to a stereo shop they said it could b my stock amp. but how can that be? i'm just confused. i have a 92 sc400

Or you can take a 9v battery to the speakers make sure that they move in and out, positive on + and negative on -. This will also tell you if speakers are blown, if they do not move the coil is probably fried. I would not think that all of them are blown though.