Help Please

lfty5150

I have a 2002 IS300, front head lamp, the low beam went out. I need to change it before I get a citation. I called lexus parts and gave them my vin number and determined the cost of the bulb is 32 bucks, they want 96 labor to change it out. Is the bulb hard to change, I looked under the hood and it appears to be easily accessible I see a gray circular door to the backside of the lamp? can someone tell me if there is more to changing this bulb than what it appears.

Thanks Rob :o

Make sure you don't touch the glass on the new bulb with bare fingers.

Just rotate the little gray door a few degrees and it will pop right out. Pull out and unplug the braided wire. The bulb is held in by two wire clips. Pop the clips loose.. Make sure you are getting a D2R xenon HID bulb at about 4300 K color temperature. Make sure the rubber O ring is lined up when you replace the gray cover.

Make sure you don't touch the glass on the new bulb with bare fingers.

Just rotate the little gray door a few degrees and it will pop right out. Pull out and unplug the braided wire. The bulb is held in by two wire clips. Pop the clips loose.. Make sure you are getting a D2R xenon HID bulb at about 4300 K color temperature. Make sure the rubber O ring is lined up when you replace the gray cover.

THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE.

I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED WITH THE BULB TYPE, I WENT TO AN AUTO PARTS STORE YESTERDAY AND WAS TOLD I NEEDED THE HIGH DENSITY BULB 108 DOLLARS, SO I CALLED LEXUS WHERE I PURCHASED THE CARAND THEY ASKED FOR MY VIN NUMBER TO DETERMINE WHAT TYPE OF BULB AND SAID IT WASNT A HIGH DENSITY BULB. AND QUOTED 32 DOLLARS. THINK I BETTER DRIVE TO THE DEALERSHIP AND LET THEM PROVIDE THE CORRECT BULB AND THEN ILL INSTALL IT MYSELF.

This is confusing to me too. I think all IS300 low beams are HID. A D2R bulb at the dealer is gonna be over $200. I used to get them off Ebay for maybe $60 to $100.

If when you turn on your headlights the flash and then run blue for a few seconds then they are for sure HID. Halogen bulbs start right up at their normal more yellowish color.

This is confusing to me too. I think all IS300 low beams are HID. A D2R bulb at the dealer is gonna be over $200. I used to get them off Ebay for maybe $60 to $100.

If when you turn on your headlights the flash and then run blue for a few seconds then they are for sure HID. Halogen bulbs start right up at their normal more yellowish color.

I purchased the bulb, you are right it is HID, do you have any pictures to help me install it. Lexus wanted 386 plus tax for the bulb, i found the manufacturer in Germany got it for 154. through parts store in town. Lexus dealership is a rip off.

Once you have the plastic cover off it's easy to see how to unplug and remove the bulb.

I don't have pics but it's pretty straight forward.

Putting in a new HID bulb requires 4 things.

1. Open up the back of the headlight by unscrewing the white/gray cap.

2. Turn the connector on the back of the bulb counter clockwise to release it

3. Unclip and remove bulb.

4. Put new bulb in and work backwards.

Once you have the plastic cover off it's easy to see how to unplug and remove the bulb.

I don't have pics but it's pretty straight forward.

Putting in a new HID bulb requires 4 things.

1. Open up the back of the headlight by unscrewing the white/gray cap.

2. Turn the connector on the back of the bulb counter clockwise to release it

3. Unclip and remove bulb.

4. Put new bulb in and work backwards.

Thx it worked, Lexus of Riverside wanted to charge me 376. plus tax on the bulb and 96 dollars to install it, what a rip off 500 plus for a bulb change. I went to Genuine auto parts purchased the identical bulb made in germany for 154. and installed it in under 1 minute. Thanks again for your assistance it saved me 350 dollars.

Rob