Updating Navigation System Version

Hi all,

I am looking to update my navi firmware/software in my '06 IS. Does anybody know what generation the navigation system the 06 has? Somebody says 4th, while someone says 5th. I haven't updated my software before. What's the proper procedure in doing so and which DVD version should I download?

Download? You need a new DVD--there's no hard drive. I thought they were up to disk 7.1, but I couldn't find it on lexus.com

Yes, download. You can literally download all versions of maps for all generations and burn the DVD.

the download page doesn't ask you what model you have?

Nope. Unfortunately the download page doesn't ask that. Anyway, I found IS250/350 uses generation 5 navi. The latest map version is 8.1. As usual, the dealer is doing best at what it does: asking for loads of your dollars for some brain dead work.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Unfortunately the download page doesn't ask that. Anyway, I found IS250/350 uses generation 5 navi. The latest map version is 8.1. As usual, the dealer is doing best at what it does: asking for loads of your dollars for some brain dead work.

Golden Pineapple, do you mind sharing a link where you download the software from? (via PM is fine)

thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Download? You need a new DVD--there's no hard drive. I thought they were up to disk 7.1, but I couldn't find it on lexus.com

Yes, download. You can literally download all versions of maps for all generations and burn the DVD.

Could you please share the download link....openly or via PM is fine. I too have the 06 is350 and it has the factory stock version that came with the car that was bought in Feb 2006.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't know this thread is still active. Since I don't receive any updates, I am sorry for not responding until now. For those of you who are still interested, I found a new link for the 9.1 update. It's a bit torrent link. I can't guarantee if there are still any seeders left by the time you get my link. In addition, I haven't even tried if the downloaded content will work. So let us know if it does.

As for posting the link, I don't think the moderators will be happy having me posting such link (i.e. link that is flaky, and possibly can hurt the forum's reputation). Just PM me instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up: I just finished downloading the Nav 9.1 update (Part# 464210-1380). Burnt the disk, works perfectly. :)

Hi, I just joined today and am looking to update my Nav system. Can you tell me how you got your update and at what cost.

Thanks

Vince

Just remember that if you upgrade from the 2006 Nav you will no longer be able to enter the cheat and operate it while driving....right?

Can you describe the "cheat" to be able to operate navigation while driving? It's for a 2008 IS250 AWD

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Can you share how to enter the cheat and operate the GPS while driving? Is it difficult to do?

Thanks

Just remember that if you upgrade from the 2006 Nav you will no longer be able to enter the cheat and operate it while driving....right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right! :(

cheat?didn't know of that? how do i go about that?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i burned the DVD in DVD-ROM format using a Verbatim dual layer disk. do i just insert the DVD into the cd player and it will do the rest? i put in the disk but nothing happens. i also tried going into menu and click "Map DVD" and still nothing. can someone plz help. thanks in advance.

Hello, i burned the DVD in DVD-ROM format using a Verbatim dual layer disk. do i just insert the DVD into the cd player and it will do the rest? i put in the disk but nothing happens. i also tried going into menu and click "Map DVD" and still nothing. can someone plz help. thanks in advance.

No, you don't insert the DVD into the CD player. The DVD slot is located behind the clock panel. You use the needle looking tool found inside the tool bag (containing other tools such as wrenches, screwdriver, etc) to open the panel. You should be able to find articles or videos on how to remove that panel using those 2 "needles".

The operation is simple. You should be able to find two tiny holes on the face of the clock panel. 1 on the left and 1 on the right. Use each needle and push it in (all the way). This can be quite intimidating if this is your first time since you don't know where those needles are jamming into. Remember, push the needles all the way in! You should see the panel disengage. Remove the panel with the wires still hanging. Start the navigation system without turning on the engine (i.e. pressing the "Start Engine" button without depressing the brakes). Go to menu, click "Map DVD", click the eject button, grab the old DVD from the slot, insert the new one, watch the system loads up, pop the panel back. Estimated time: 5 minutes or less.