Is The Lexus Warranry The Way To Go?

cduluk

Hey guys/gals.

Just purchased an 08 Rx400h a few weeks ago from a little no-name dealer for a good price. The car has 42k miles with its original warranty. Apparently the "major" stuff warranty ends at 50k miles, and was told i have 8k more miles to go before i purchase any type of extended warranty.

Based on the fact that it's a hybrid and this technology is pretty new (since '06 on the RX) i think it would be best to get an extended warranty- but i'm stumped on which one to get.

When we spoke to this slick salesman at this little no-name dealer, he suggested getting a warranty through them, that would cover more than the Lexus warrany covers. He stated his warranty (obv from another company...) covered things such as shocks etc along with the standard things like transmission and engine... But i just thought i'd ask you guys what we should do.

Go with an independent warranty company? Or go with the Lexus extended warranty? I'd like to cover more years than miles since it's already starting out pretty high for a 2 year old vehicle. I'd like to have covered the next 5 years or so...

Thanks for any input!

Hey guys/gals.

Just purchased an 08 Rx400h a few weeks ago from a little no-name dealer for a good price. The car has 42k miles with its original warranty. Apparently the "major" stuff warranty ends at 50k miles, and was told i have 8k more miles to go before i purchase any type of extended warranty.

Based on the fact that it's a hybrid and this technology is pretty new (since '06 on the RX) i think it would be best to get an extended warranty- but i'm stumped on which one to get.

When we spoke to this slick salesman at this little no-name dealer, he suggested getting a warranty through them, that would cover more than the Lexus warrany covers. He stated his warranty (obv from another company...) covered things such as shocks etc along with the standard things like transmission and engine... But i just thought i'd ask you guys what we should do.

Go with an independent warranty company? Or go with the Lexus extended warranty? I'd like to cover more years than miles since it's already starting out pretty high for a 2 year old vehicle. I'd like to have covered the next 5 years or so...

Thanks for any input!

I would get a Lexus Extra Care Platinum warranty from www.WeBargain4U.com - (888) 759-8823. 7 years from original in service date is as far out as Lexus goes. You will also need to make sure and get your warranty before the 4yr/50,000 mile original Lexus warranty runs out:

7yr/75K Platinum, $0 deductible = $1863 out the door

Here is the information from the Lexus Website:

http://www.lexus.com/models/RXh/warranty/v...protection.html

The powertrain warranty for all Lexus vehicles is 6 years or 70,000 miles - whichever comes first.

The hybrid component warranty is 8 years or 100,000 miles - whichever comes first.

I recently retired after over three decades with one of the largest providers of vehicle service warranties. I have never purchased an extended warranty even though I could have purchased one at cost. Need I say more?

Why did i think the factory warranty was only until 50k miles? Up till what time do i have to decide if i want an extended warranty?

I recently retired after over three decades with one of the largest providers of vehicle service warranties.

Congratulations on your retirement Jim! I wish you all the best...

I'd contact Toby Rivers on here if you're going to buy the Lexus warranty (thats the only one I would buy if I bought one). The $1800 figure someone above posted is way outta line.

The bumper to bumper warranty is 4 years 50k miles, you have to buy the Lexus warranty before then. The powertrain warranty is 6 years 70k miles, and the hybrid system warranty (motors, batteries, inverter, etc) is 8 years 100,000 miles...

So whatever extended warranty you buy is just going to extend the bumper to bumper warranty.

Ahh thanks SW, yeah the bumper to bumper warranty i'd like to extend. That would cover the little things like the heated seats not working, seat motors, etc, right? I know the lexus heated seats are awful...

Should cover everything.

I've never had a heated seat fail in a Lexus...

My lumber support stoped working in my RX...and it was fixed under the CPO warranty. ;)

Should cover everything.

I've never had a heated seat fail in a Lexus...

My lumber support stoped working in my RX...and it was fixed under the CPO warranty. ;)

And i'm sure if it wasn't under warranty that would have been a $500 repair :o

It's the little things that add up. I've already had the light up door sill replaced on the Rx400h because it was burned out...

Before i hit 50k we're going to upgrade with Lexus :)

• 3 months later...