Cheap/free And Easy Mods

List any and all mods that are low priced or free that can make a big impact on the look or performance of the car. A few that I know are: 1. Removing the spare tire can make your car lighter and save you a little bit of gas 2. Vinyl eyelids that cost about $30 installed make a huge difference on the look of the car and 3. An inexpensive intake from eBay ($30-$100) can improve speed and sound of the car. Now I'd like to know if anyone else has any ideas for those of us that love our Lexus but have little money to spend

List any and all mods that are low priced or free that can make a big impact on the look or performance of the car. A few that I know are: 1. Removing the spare tire can make your car lighter and save you a little bit of gas 2. Vinyl eyelids that cost about $30 installed make a huge difference on the look of the car and 3. An inexpensive intake from eBay ($30-$100) can improve speed and sound of the car. Now I'd like to know if anyone else has any ideas for those of us that love our Lexus but have little money to spend

Thank you sir

Really appreciate all the info :)

1. Clean air filter.
  2. Premium fuel.
  3. New spark plugs.
  4. Proper tire inflation.
  5. Upgrade tires when the old ones are worn out.
  6. New sway bars and/or polyurethane bushings.
  7. Sport shocks when old ones are worn out.
  8. Polyurethane steering rack bushings if old ones worn.
  9. Window tint.
  10. Fuzzy dice.
  11. Push the PWR-ECT button.

:pirate:

1. Clean air filter.
  2. Premium fuel.
  3. New spark plugs.
  4. Proper tire inflation.
  5. Upgrade tires when the old ones are worn out.
  6. New sway bars and/or polyurethane bushings.
  7. Sport shocks when old ones are worn out.
  8. Polyurethane steering rack bushings if old ones worn.
  9. Window tint.
  10. Fuzzy dice.
  11. Push the PWR-ECT button.

:pirate:

Gotta say, I love that PWR-ECT button

I just removed that weird little air snorkel thing off the air box because that looked like it constricted air flow more than it helped it. Gave the engine a little bit better sound too.

As for the PWR-ECT button, if you want to hold shifts longer, you could always just shift the transmission down. :P

I just removed that weird little air snorkel thing off the air box because that looked like it constricted air flow more than it helped it. Gave the engine a little bit better sound too.

As for the PWR-ECT button, if you want to hold shifts longer, you could always just shift the transmission down. :P

which snorkel thing? The one that goes from the filter box to the front of the hood?

DO not install short arm intakes they do not increase horesposer , infact they loose it as well as reducing the economy of the engine by sucking in hot engine air.

The stock intake is desigined much better than those peices of junk.

A cold air intake is the onyl way to increase power.

DO not install short arm intakes they do not increase horesposer , infact they loose it as well as reducing the economy of the engine by sucking in hot engine air.

The stock intake is desigined much better than those peices of junk.

A cold air intake is the onyl way to increase power.

yea, I have heard that from many people. But I was wondering, is there any way to get that deep sound that the aftermarket intake makes using the stock intake?

yea, I have heard that from many people. But I was wondering, is there any way to get that deep sound that the aftermarket intake makes using the stock intake?

Assuming you are willing to fabricate/modify, you could take off the snorkel dohicky, cut up the air box for a larger opening, then fab up a heat shield to direct cold air and and keep hot air out. I don't think it would be difficult to do, you just need the right materials and tools. Then again, none of that may actually work, so don't take my word for it.