Hi Y'all,

I'm new to this website, I have a 200 Lexus GS 300 it only has 225 hp even the newer Camry's have more than 260 :/

I don't want to swap the engine or anything, i just want to hook it up and make it go faster :D

Any Suggestions??

Thanks and Regards,

Mo

I don't want to swap the engine or anything, i just want to hook it up and make it go faster :D

All depends on how much you are willing to spend (money and/or wrenching). Be aware, the minor mods only give minor (if any) power gains despite what the marketing people claim. A poorly designed aftermarket part can actually cause a loss of power! Especially the cheap "one size fits all". A true performance part has to engineered for a specific application. If you can give a budget, people more knowledgeable than I am, can give you some ideas. Check out the Modifications forum too. Good luck on your quest!

I have a 200 Lexus GS 300 it only has 225 hp even the newer Camry's have more than 260 :/

Alas, technology marches on. Think of it this way; a 2000 Camry only has 194 hp. And while it's true, more power = more fun, personally I'm having a lot more fun driving a classic than a "there's one in every other garage" car.:cheers:

All depends on how much you are willing to spend (money and/or wrenching). Be aware, the minor mods only give minor (if any) power gains despite what the marketing people claim. A poorly designed aftermarket part can actually cause a loss of power! Especially the cheap "one size fits all". A true performance part has to engineered for a specific application. If you can give a budget, people more knowledgeable than I am, can give you some ideas. Check out the Modifications forum too. Good luck on your quest!

Gotcha.. thanks for the info

I want to do one thing @ a time, I want to star with air intakes

I found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-ES300...sQ5fAccessories

Is this a good one to get?

Thanks and Rergards,

TC

Definitely not. That would slow down the air flow. Your car would sound louder but lose power. As a bare minimum it needs smooth tubing with gentle bends and a good air filter. No way around spending more money for a decent intake. The engine is a big air/fuel pump. The more air/fuel (at the optimum ratios) = more power. I think you need more like minimum $200 on up to $500 for the best. Ask people in the Modifications forum what ones they have used with good gains. Especially ones where they have gotten before and after dyno results. More noise does not necessarily mean more power.:ph34r:

Definitely not. That would slow down the air flow. Your car would sound louder but lose power. As a bare minimum it needs smooth tubing with gentle bends and a good air filter. No way around spending more money for a decent intake. The engine is a big air/fuel pump. The more air/fuel (at the optimum ratios) = more power. I think you need more like minimum $200 on up to $500 for the best. Ask people in the Modifications forum what ones they have used with good gains. Especially ones where they have gotten before and after dyno results. More noise does not necessarily mean more power.:ph34r:

Thank you once again sir

If you don't mind can you please provide me the link to the Modifications Forum

Kindest Regards,

TC

If you wanted speed... shoulda got the GS400 haha...

Make sense, but the GS400 was more expensive not to mention takes more gas too :(

About the more gas in the 400. My wife drives between Memmphis TN, and Ashville NC, on one tank of gas in her 2000, LS 400 with 90,000 miles on it. It's over 500 miles. I think her best time is under 9 hours. She gets 27 miles per gallon at between 70 MPH and 80. I tried that in my 2002 GS-300 Sport design trying to better her average. Went very easy and cruise when I could. My best tank was 27.4. So the diffence in the 300 and the 400 aren't going to break the bank. Around town they are very close, not enough to cry over. The 400 engine never breathes hard.

After you muck up a highly engineered car, made by some of the best engineers in the world, it will cost you more than a 400. And you probably won't improve anything. Like someone said, it could be worse.

Hi Y'all,

I'm new to this website, I have a 200 Lexus GS 300 it only has 225 hp even the newer Camry's have more than 260 :/

Any Suggestions??

Thanks and Regards,

Mo

put twin turbo on it, like it was originally meant to have