1994 Lexus Ls 400 Sticky Speedo Needle

Larry W

I noticed the other day that my speedometer needle is sticking from a take off. It jumps after I reach a speed of 5-10 mph to the correct speed and works normally any other time. What is the remedy?

• 2 months later...
I noticed the other day that my speedometer needle is sticking from a take off. It jumps after I reach a speed of 5-10 mph to the correct speed and works normally any other time. What is the remedy?

IM HAVING THA SAME PROBLEM AND LOOKING 4 HELP BUT I WILL LET U NO IF I FIND OUT :angry: <_< !!!

IM HAVING THA SAME PROBLEM AND LOOKING 4 HELP BUT I WILL LET U NO IF I FIND OUT :angry: <_< !!!

First of all, lay off the caps dude. And you won't get any replies spamming like that... Do some searching and quit spamming the forums, it's really rude. You have 3 posts, all of which are on this same thread. You joined 2 months ago and had nothing to add to the forum but your capital letters and demanding help...

First of all, lay off the caps dude. And you won't get any replies spamming like that... Do some searching and quit spamming the forums, it's really rude. You have 3 posts, all of which are on this same thread. You joined 2 months ago and had nothing to add to the forum but your capital letters and demanding help...

Hahahahahahahahah lol,

My car does this too but usualy when its excessively hot.. i used to hit my dash but i think my car deserves better.. I decided to let it go as it always starts working after a bit!

• 11 months later...

This is a known problem and is due to excess lubricating oil on the needle spindles drying out over time and mixing with dust making it more viscous.The suggested remedy is to strip out the pod remove the plastic front and gently remove the excess oil with a cotton bud (UK) Q-Tip (US)

The speedo is electrically driven there is no cable drive involved

Follow the link below and look at post # 59

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/225935-how-to-fix-your-speedo-needle-when-it-does-not-work-4.html