Got My Eagle Eyes On!

aarman4

Hey everyone,

I got my Eagle Eyes headlamps for my 91 LS last week(actually, they are meant for a 94, but my car is a 91), and at 2:30 am ths morning, on a mild evening in Manitob, I went to work nd put them on the LS. It took me 2.5 hours, that included setup of my flood lights, finding my tools and extension cords, testing and figuring out harnesses and bulbs, removing the headlamps, cutting off my old 9004 connector and soldering in a new 9004/H4 connector, putting it all back together, and then taking it for a drive in the early morning light.

!!!THEY ARE AMAZING!!!

Despite the thoughts of many, I actually like the corners it came with more than the originals, and hve decided to keep them on. It doesn;t look right at frst, but with thee wheels I have on there, it fits right into the car in summer mode.

During my quick test drive, I was completely amazed by how much more light I had. Even while it was light this morning, the 'eyes' illuminated everything well.

I will keep you all updated soon for how I feel about them at night, and i still need to do an aiming I believe.

The only downsides so far are:

-Covers are plastic rather than glass, so I have to keep my distance on the highways at wintertime here.

-Corners do not fit as good as I would like them too. It is acceptable, but not perfect, but still better than using the old corners with the new heads IMO.

-Fog lights have no yellow glass or bulb inside. I need to see if I can get the lex fog bulbs in yellow.....Even still I wonder if they will be useful, as when I used them against my garage door, they really illuminated in many directions, but on the road, the pattern seems similar with the fogs as it did with my old fogs, so we shall see.

I took a load of instructional pics so maybe LexLS will throw them up on his site if he wants.

More to come!

PS - Thanks to LOC member PYTHON for the help he gave me before and after ordering the lights.

np bro, glad to help....i have tried to express to others on here just how much better they look and perform...they are soooo much better than the stock ugly lights and u dont need a HID kit

np bro, glad to help....i have tried to express to others on here just how much better they look and perform...they are soooo much better than the stock ugly lights and u dont need a HID kit

Python,

Are you using the bulbs that came with your lamps? I think they are awesome, but I winder if they are just generic or if they might be a high-lumen ultrawhite style? If they are only basics, I cannot imagine how nice a set of ultrabrights would do in them.

I wonder who this car with Eagle Eyes headlights belongs to? Cobra? Rattlesnake?

I met my friend "Tobi-Wan" driving my old 90 LS as I was leaving a parking lot last Tuesday in my 00 LS -- hadn't seen the beautiful old thing (the 90 LS -- NOT Tobi-Wan!) in over a year. I might be driving it today if Eagle Eyes headlights had been available back in 2003 when I sold it. The ONLY reason I sold the 90 LS was that I having difficult seeing well enough to drive at night.

post-2157-1245347651_thumb.jpg

:P It looks like it just had its eyes dialated at the optometrist.

What matters though is how it drives, I understand...

...but whoa is that one big eyeball looking lense!

Good for you if you like it though!

IS300 that is my car he posted and whether the pics do the headlights justice or not,they look much better than the stock ones gen 1 or 2 up to 97...

post-44950-1245417003_thumb.jpg

post-44950-1245417039_thumb.jpg

post-44950-1245417070_thumb.jpg

Yes, they match your wheels perfectly; the prism, crystal effect and such.

Did an SUV give your car a beat down? I see she has two black eyes... :D

Sorry, at least you get a girl's honest opinion from me at least!

If you want to impress a girl, the interior is the way to go. I soooo want new butter soft seats in mine, with ac and heat! I hate how hot and sticky they feel when I am wearing bikini bottoms too and from the boat. A cool tushy on hot days would be heaven!

post-57639-1245417811_thumb.jpg

Nice boat lol.... How about beautiful woman and a nice boat.

My buddy a speed boat with a big American V8. It's sweeeeeeet!

Still waiting for pics! B)

God I hate wasting time dealing with Trolls...

On topic though, I think that new stock lenses will help a lot for those that want better performance. The mid-90's plastic yellows like crazy and disperses the light effectively from the bulbs. People clean the outside, but I bet the cross section of the plastic would show the same aging changes to the optical substrate. Just a thought.

Yes it is me... get it Jcrome0Troll?

post-57639-1245504965_thumb.jpg

God I hate wasting time dealing with Trolls...

On topic though, I think that new stock lenses will help a lot for those that want better performance. The mid-90's plastic yellows like crazy and disperses the light effectively from the bulbs. People clean the outside, but I bet the cross section of the plastic would show the same aging changes to the optical substrate. Just a thought.

Yes it is me... get it Jcrome0Troll?

wow....dont be so harsh im sure he was only pokin fun,is that one of the great lakes? one of my ex gf's lives in parma ohio so i know it gets really cold in that area

Python,

Thanks for all your kind words. The fact is when someone picks a fight, you have two choices, back away and let them bully or take them to task for what they said.

If the person is poking fun, then they should have thick enough skin to take being poked back even HARDER.

My four brothers taught me that one... ...and meeting them tends to let guys know how they should behave around me pretty quick!

Yes, it gets COLD here, but the lake I am on, Lake St. Claire is quite shallow (10-15 feet) and gets very warm in the summer. 75 degrees farenheit is normal for water temp in july and august. The great thing is that this lake changes its whole volume of water every 48 hours or so and the water is as clear as the florida keys in summer. You can snorkle over the sand flats and watch all the fishies play and get eaten by the maurading Muskies!

If I hide the detroit skyline, that is 20 miles away, with my thumb, you would swear you were in Ft. Lauderdale!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lol :lol:

Hey since I'm the one getting poked back maybe I'm the only one that should be worried about it ;)

I assume we're all having a good time here so I'm not worried about anything!

I don't know if I have a big jewel in my belly button, but I'll check it out and get back to you all B)

hahaha.

I thought all the LS's headlight lenses were glass up until 98?? and the eagle eyes are def. a great upgrade for the 1st gen. I'd recommend it for every 1st gen owner!

DUDE!!!!!!!! PICS!!?????? :D

Good for you for being able to take it Jcrome. ;)

Plastic is just engineering speak for a flowable substrate. Glass is flowable for sure; if you look at very old windows they are thicker at the bottom than on the top.

I would bet that the 'glass' used in the 90's Lexus lenses are a polycarbonate/silica blend that yellow over time due to the oxidation of the polycarbonate filler.

If you have ever been to an outside aircraft museum, the fighter plane cockpit canopies are very yellow on most.

But hey, I could be wrong and the lenses are the same glass as an office window pane.

Yes, they match your wheels perfectly; the prism, crystal effect and such.

Did an SUV give your car a beat down? I see she has two black eyes... :D

Sorry, at least you get a girl's honest opinion from me at least!

If you want to impress a girl, the interior is the way to go. I soooo want new butter soft seats in mine, with ac and heat! I hate how hot and sticky they feel when I am wearing bikini bottoms too and from the boat. A cool tushy on hot days would be heaven!

I can only imagine.... :P