Why Do People Hate Lexus?

Lucky13

moderators have a slightly different browser that shows us more information, like your Social Security numbers, alias and former addresses, you know, the usual stuff. tongue.gif

Very cool stuff! You mentioned Social Security numbers.....ahhh......there was that little piece of time between 01' and 04' ...well..I meant to file a 1040 return, but there was a small problem with my funds in the Caymans and one thing lead to another.....and...well...ah...you probably know all this.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moderators have a slightly different browser that shows us more information, like your Social Security numbers, alias and former addresses, you know, the usual stuff. tongue.gif

Very cool stuff! You mentioned Social Security numbers.....ahhh......there was that little piece of time between 01' and 04' ...well..I meant to file a 1040 return, but there was a small problem with my funds in the Caymans and one thing lead to another.....and...well...ah...you probably know all this.

And we can activate your webcam to see what you are doing! Paul...the pink panties have scarred me for life... :) :lol: :)

And we can activate your webcam to see what you are doing! Paul...the pink panties have scarred me for life... :) :lol: :)

Everything was in the laundry and my wife's was all I could find!.....honest!!..no kidding!?

• 2 weeks later...

If you are tall you're going to be at a comfort disadvantage in any Lexus...they're just not built for people over 6'2" or so.

The only thing I disagree with is the smoothness over road surfaces. I've only driven a couple cars I thought were even as smooth and buttery over the road as an LS...and I wouldn't personally consider the S Type in the same league. The GS or the ES sure...but not the LS. S class Benz yeah....not even the Jag XJ IMHO.

Your height cut off is too low - I'm 6'3" and drive round trip between SF Bay Area and Denver every summer (1300 miles each way). I've gone 16 hours in my 2003 LS and was actually unhappy that it was time to stop. I'm an audiophile and so appreciate the quiet cabin in which I can actually hear the excellent (for a car) ML audio system.

I will say that I had my LS 430 driver's seat modified to add some support to my upper back by having an upholstery shop add some padding there. The Lexus dealer (in 2003) actually paid for this. I think a shorter person would not have needed this change.

Looks like I need to do something similar to the seat on the new IS F. This time, the dealer is not offering to pay though they will arrange the upholstery work if I want and it will not void any warranty. Kind of like getting shoes that fit, I guess.

I also recently drove my IS F to Oregon and back including 9 hours non-stop going up. Again all was fine though the LS gets a slight nod for long distance rides.

So this issue with upper back support has made me also think the Lexus are made for shorter people but otherwise I'm very comfortable in both cars. Plenty of leg and head room in both.

A Jag never occurred to me due to the reliability issues - glad to see they've improved.

At 8

It all depends on your proportions too. I'm 6' and have been comfortable in every Lexus I've had or driven.

My brother in law is like 6'4 and interestingly he could sit comfortably in the front or back of my '03 ES but is very cramped in the front of my '10...

Interesting topic. I have owned and driven MBs, BMWs and also Lexus. I think it is right to say that you have to drive a BMW while a Lexus(especially the LS) drives by itself. I have owned a few of the 7 series and one 5 and also a GS430 and a LS400. My brother in law had an Audi A8 and looked at the S class and the 7 series before finally buying a LS460 and he says he feels that it was the best option he made.

The LS was the best drive in comfort and elegance. The car was very old and had done over 160,000 miles yet the only thing I had to replace was the heating element in the driver side.

The BMW had a lot more problems with both electrical and mechanical.

I eventually sold the 7 series and now thinking of buying a Lexus. Not thinking but I know that I will buy a Lexus. The problem is that I am looking for a 2004 to 2005 one and should I buy a LS430 or a GS series?

Is the ride and comforts of a LS430 far outweigh that of a GS series? I am no road racer and though I love speed, I like the gentle soft ride to a hard sporty ride.