Best Tires Suggested For 2003 Es300

I have an ES300 with 34,000 miles. Consumers Reports states that the Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred is the best tire rated for the size P215/60R16. Do any of you members out there have any experience with these tires? Thanks in advance for your replies.

I have an ES300 with 34,000 miles. Consumers Reports states that the Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred is the best tire rated for the size P215/60R16. Do any of you members out there have any experience with these tires? Thanks in advance for your replies.

contact Lexusfreak, he has/had those and swore by them. Personally, I really liked the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S on my 02 ES.

steviej

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think the Triple Treds are too aggressive/noisy a tire for the ES. I have never had a set on the ES, but they wouldn't be on my short-list of what to buy. I have a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4s on the car now and of the tires I've had on it (Bridgestone Potenza RE92, Toyo Proxes TPT, Michelin Energy MXV4+, Bridgestone Turanza LS-V, and now these) they are the smoothest and quietest which is what I look for in a tire for a car like this.

• 4 weeks later...
Personally I think the Triple Treds are too aggressive/noisy a tire for the ES. I have never had a set on the ES, but they wouldn't be on my short-list of what to buy. I have a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4s on the car now and of the tires I've had on it (Bridgestone Potenza RE92, Toyo Proxes TPT, Michelin Energy MXV4+, Bridgestone Turanza LS-V, and now these) they are the smoothest and quietest which is what I look for in a tire for a car like this.

Appearances can be deceiving Steve ;) Best tire I have owned especially in wet weather & they have fantastic grip & are H speed rated & also extremely comfortable on the highway. I have never complained about tire noise as it's pretty much non-existent....got them on the Wife's Subaru Forester too.

Worst tire I have ever had on my vehicles by far has to be the Bridgestone Potenza RE92's.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
Appearances can be deceiving Steve ;) Best tire I have owned especially in wet weather & they have fantastic grip & are H speed rated & also extremely comfortable on the highway. I have never complained about tire noise as it's pretty much non-existent....got them on the Wife's Subaru Forester too.

You thought the Toyo TPTs were quiet too though ;)

You thought the Toyo TPTs were quiet too though ;)

They were quiet.....and I was not the only one to state that. ;) Also used on two different generations of ES's.

They were quiet for about 10k miles and then got VERY loud. In any event I never thought they were as quiet as the Michelins ;) I'm not the only one to state that either. So BOOOYAH! :D

They were quiet for about 10k miles and then got VERY loud. In any event I never thought they were as quiet as the Michelins ;) I'm not the only one to state that either. So BOOOYAH! :D

lol Steve :lol:

But at least we are in agreement that an H speed rated tire is more than adequate for our ES's......right Steve? :whistles:

I have the tripletreds installed on my es330 and with a 65K warranty from discount tires and about 5000 miles on them at present I happy with the tires. i have tried various others Yokohama Avid V4s (worn out after 20K) Yokohama YK520s (managed to make them last 23K) I have no wear at all on these tripletreds.