My Spedo Neddels

Does the entire cluster go out or just sections of the needles? Also, don't take this the wrong way, but you should really work on that grammar....you'll find you get more responses to your thread when you are concise and keep it tight.

if the needles are out (entire needle) but the background lights are ok then I assume I need to repair just the needles..right?

my question is how do you calibrate the needles? is there a needle stop or a certain spot where the needle goes into the motor? when you pull the needles out do you get the new needle and stick the new one back on the same spot (or close to it)?

I don't know about the calibration thing, maybe the needle will only fit a certain way, similar to putting a key into a door.

If your needle is slightly burned out, you could try dimming the light cluster a bit by the knob on the left of the steering wheel. It works for me and it reduces glare at night.

I don't know about the calibration thing, maybe the needle will only fit a certain way, similar to putting a key into a door.

If your needle is slightly burned out, you could try dimming the light cluster a bit by the knob on the left of the steering wheel. It works for me and it reduces glare at night.

yeah tried that...mine are pretty much toast.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here are a few tips I've learned from experience.

First, it would be good to know what year SC you have. Point is, the earlier year SC's have orange needles, '95 & "96 (maybe even later models) have red needles. The lights in the needles are essentially light diodes. AND, the key issue is the polarity if reversed between the orange and red needles.

Yes, they simply pull out. No adjustment (at least if your careful removing them) needed. Sometimes, you can knock the Tach and Speedo needles off Zero a bit. All you need to do is pressure the needle a "click" or two as needed in the opposite direction it is off line of the Zero until it lines up.

AND, if you need to replace your needles and your's are Orange, I can help you as I've got an extra set.

Ok, here are a few tips I've learned from experience.

First, it would be good to know what year SC you have. Point is, the earlier year SC's have orange needles, '95 & "96 (maybe even later models) have red needles. The lights in the needles are essentially light diodes. AND, the key issue is the polarity if reversed between the orange and red needles.

Yes, they simply pull out. No adjustment (at least if your careful removing them) needed. Sometimes, you can knock the Tach and Speedo needles off Zero a bit. All you need to do is pressure the needle a "click" or two as needed in the opposite direction it is off line of the Zero until it lines up.

AND, if you need to replace your needles and your's are Orange, I can help you as I've got an extra set.

the dash is from a 92 SC400. so they are orange....or WAS orange.

"AND, the key issue is the polarity if reversed between the orange and red needles."

what is that referring to?

any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated :cheers: