2009 Es350 Wheels And Tires

RickES

I have a 2009 ES350. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, so I need to get some winter tires for my car this fall, as the 'all season' tires are only three season here no matter which brand.

I was thinking of putting winter tires on the factory wheels and getting a new set of wheels and tires for the summer. I do think the factory car is a little 'under tired' and could use some bigger wheels and tires. I want to go upscale on the wheels and go as big as I can without speedometer issues. What suggestions do people have for new wheels and tires, send some pictures if you have them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have a 2009 ES350. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, so I need to get some winter tires for my car this fall, as the 'all season' tires are only three season here no matter which brand.

I was thinking of putting winter tires on the factory wheels and getting a new set of wheels and tires for the summer. I do think the factory car is a little 'under tired' and could use some bigger wheels and tires. I want to go upscale on the wheels and go as big as I can without speedometer issues. What suggestions do people have for new wheels and tires, send some pictures if you have them.

Rick,

Your first statement is dead on & well said. There are a few good choices for winter rubber to fit the ES.....I would go with either your current factory size or a size lower......215 60 16. I have an excellent tire place I deal with out of province that shame any local tire shop as far as prices are concerned & a choice of being delivered to your front door or tire shop of your choice. For my ES, I went with a set of Toyo Garit KX in an 'H' speed rating on a set of 2008 ES alloys & they are exceptional (my all seasons are the Goodyear Triple Tred's on 2008 IS 250 AWD 17's - 10 spoke). Some more info on the winter Toyo here...

http://www.toyocanada.com/products/GaritKX.asp

Here is another helpful link for winter tire ratings...

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=298

If you are interested in saving some $$$ for either your winter set or all season set, send me a PM & I can give you the details for my contact.

If you want to upgrade your all seasons to something larger.....size wise I would suggest going with a 225 45 18 to keep the speedo in check. Did you want to go with aftermarket wheels or OE 18's? Hope this helps.

:cheers:

Rick,

Your first statement is dead on & well said. There are a few good choices for winter rubber to fit the ES.....I would go with either your current factory size or a size lower......215 60 16. I have an excellent tire place I deal with out of province that shame any local tire shop as far as prices are concerned & a choice of being delivered to your front door or tire shop of your choice. For my ES, I went with a set of Toyo Garit KX in an 'H' speed rating on a set of 2008 ES alloys & they are exceptional (my all seasons are the Goodyear Triple Tred's on 2008 IS 250 AWD 17's - 10 spoke). Some more info on the winter Toyo here...

http://www.toyocanada.com/products/GaritKX.asp

Here is another helpful link for winter tire ratings...

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=298

If you are interested in saving some $$$ for either your winter set or all season set, send me a PM & I can give you the details for my contact.

If you want to upgrade your all seasons to something larger.....size wise I would suggest going with a 225 45 18 to keep the speedo in check. Did you want to go with aftermarket wheels or OE 18's? Hope this helps.

:cheers: