Mirrors Horizontal Adjustment

lvivuk

My GX was in service last week for the radiator replacement and after that I noticed that right rear window would not work. I thought the control went bad as it appeared after searching this board it was not calibrated properly after battery disconnect.

Now I have another issue, my both mirrors would not adjust horizontally, but they adjust up and down fine. I doubt that two mirror motors went defective at the same time.

Did anyone here experienced similar problem.

Will appreciate any comments.

Sorry mate to hear about that, the mirror is slowing dying, ie the actuator assy needs to get replaced if it is not important, you can run the show, continue till they die, otherwise have it replaced, The part number are as follows - RH side 87908-60841 & LH side - 87909-60731. The cost is 154.24/-$ per actuator. I had the same problem few months back. I had the CPO to cover it, lucky me !! The Service manager was kind enough to give me a piece of advise..Whenever you have a high pressure wash of the car, avoid a direct hit to the face of the mirror, the actuator is quite flimsy meaning the motor. The tend to break away that is they have some kind of clock gear, which just slips over a period and then fail once and for all.

Sorry mate to hear about that, the mirror is slowing dying, ie the actuator assy needs to get replaced if it is not important, you can run the show, continue till they die, otherwise have it replaced, The part number are as follows - RH side 87908-60841 & LH side - 87909-60731. The cost is 154.24/-$ per actuator. I had the same problem few months back. I had the CPO to cover it, lucky me !! The Service manager was kind enough to give me a piece of advise..Whenever you have a high pressure wash of the car, avoid a direct hit to the face of the mirror, the actuator is quite flimsy meaning the motor. The tend to break away that is they have some kind of clock gear, which just slips over a period and then fail once and for all.

Thanks for the response... Car is in the service now, will see what they say.

For the last 3 months I went thru new rear driveshaft, lean to the left problem and replaced radiator.

So far everything was covered under used car warranty.

Didn’t quite expect this from Lexus…

Update, dealer was going to cover the replacement of the entire left mirror. Based on their estimate right was still slowly adjusting. Since there was no need to replace the whole unit and rip the door apart for no reason, I asked if they can provide the internals for both mirrors and I will install them myself as per the TSIB posted in other thread.

After speaking to manager they agreed to give me the parts.

I still do not get why they were going to order the entire unit...

Because Lexus only list the whole assembly as a part. Why would you turn down free parts and free labor?

I was only offered one mirror not two, when I asked for parts I got free actuators for both sides.

I did not want them to replace the parts because they did sloppy job when radiator was replaced. There is no way I would let them to take door apart after seeing the previous job they did.

I guess I am not a typical Lexus owner, I work on my cars in spare time and like thinks done accurately.

There is no way I would let them to take door apart after seeing the previous job they did.

The so called actuator is placed within mirror housing, and there is no need to rip the door apart. If the dealer has said that the door needs to be ripped apart, believe me, he is taking you for a ride explaining that the job is a long one. The job to replace the actuators ( both) takes max 30 minutes. If you have the parts you can even do it at home. All you need some scotch tape and (-) screw driver. Thats about it. I have the TSB if need be I can have posted on the forum.

The so called actuator is placed within mirror housing, and there is no need to rip the door apart. If the dealer has said that the door needs to be ripped apart, believe me, he is taking you for a ride explaining that the job is a long one. The job to replace the actuators ( both) takes max 30 minutes. If you have the parts you can even do it at home. All you need some scotch tape and (-) screw driver. Thats about it. I have the TSB if need be I can have posted on the forum.

It looks like the right mirror on my 2008 GX got this problem after going thru no-tuch car wash the other day. Could you please post the TSB?

Thanks.

The 2003-early 2005 had quite a few minor defects and bugs. As far as the mirror is concerned, wow well my mirror motor probably needs replacing too since the right side mirror sometimes moves like a snail in certain directions, while in some directions it moves the normal pace :huh: