Power Windows Stop Working

OK went to my installer to install sirius interface behind my radio, well never got the interface to work.

When I got home I realized that the auto up-down on driver side window was not working, so wanted to see if all the other windows had the same problem.

Well all the other windows do not work at all, window lock is NOT on and I checked the fuses and they seem of, one fuse for each window.

Has anybody experienced this before?

I am betting it is something the installer did, so before I bring it to Lexus, he is going to have to look into it.

The installer probably disconnected the battery for the installation (as he should have done). You simply need to go to each window and lower them half way, then raise them back up (holding the button for a second or two after it reaches the top).

Good luck.

What if the windows wont lower at all (except the driver side window)...even with the switch at each window. Am I doing something wrong? (and yes the car is on when I try)

If your windows won't go up or down even with the corrosponding door switches, first make sure you have the window up/down disable switch off. It's on the driver's door control panel. It's the square button with a picture of the door window on it and it has orange around the outside of the button. Then see if each door window switch works. Then go around to each door and lower the window all the way, then raise it all the way. The master control on the driver door should now open and close all the windows.

• 1 year later...

The installer probably disconnected the battery for the installation (as he should have done). You simply need to go to each window and lower them half way, then raise them back up (holding the button for a second or two after it reaches the top).

Good luck.

Is this the "normal" way to reset the window controls from driver's seat. It seems the disconnecting the battery (in my case putting new battery in) interupts the sequences.

• 9 years later...

Hello, I am having trouble with my 2008 Lexus IS 250 windows. None of the switches work on my window. It is rolled down all the way. Now I cannot roll any of them up. All 4 motors can’t go out at the same time. It might be shorted, I checked all the fuses and they are all good still. Please help.