1994 Lexus Ls 400

Larry W

I would not recommend chrome for any Lexus. As a girl, it just comes off as "pimp my ride" or a gold medallion in deep chest hair...

...eeeewe! Tint your windows with chrome tint if you do get them though, it will complete the image you want to project IMO.

Until I see chrome wheels as the standard on formula one or nascar race cars, alloy will still be the coolest thing to see on a hot car ;) .

Can anyone recommend a place I can purchase 4 factory chrome 16" rims for my car? Used is OK.

There were no "factory chrome 16" rims" for a 1994 LS400. 1995 was the first year that chrome wheels were available as an official Lexus option. Anything before that was aftermarket chrome.

Phenix wheels is a good place to start: http://www.phenixwheels-store.com/servlet/StoreFront

If you are not looking to match the 1994 wheel style, any LS chrome wheels from the 1995 through 2006 model years will fit your car.

Maybe I've spent too much time in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area where it sometimes seems like most cars have chrome wheels, but I've grown to like the ones that came on my 00 LS400.

post-2157-1244374549_thumb.jpg

I would not recommend chrome for any Lexus. As a girl, it just comes off as "pimp my ride" or a gold medallion in deep chest hair...

...eeeewe! Tint your windows with chrome tint if you do get them though, it will complete the image you want to project IMO.

Until I see chrome wheels as the standard on formula one or nascar race cars, alloy will still be the coolest thing to see on a hot car ;) .

ya ok...a nice chrome wheel makes the paint shine even more, i dont like the dull finish of a alloy wheel

post-44950-1244377407_thumb.jpg

@1990LS400, I have the exact same wheels as you. I like them a lot! Much nicer than the stock wheels I as on my '90.

The only thing I don't like is that they came with blank chrome center caps with black logo "plates" glued on. I want to get them replaced.

I want to get them replaced.

Well to answer my own reply, sort of.... I found these center caps:

http://www.capitalwheels.com/store/custome...cat=&page=1

Does $15 each seem too good to be true or is that just a great deal?

But to answer the OP, here is where I'm told the guy I bought my car from bought the wheels:

L.A. Wheel & Tire - eBay Store: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/L-A-Wheel-And-...634Q2ec0Q2em322

I personally wouldn't buy chrome wheels for my LS. Cheeeeeeeeeee-Z!!!!

Extra Sharp, I'd say. ;)

Can anyone recommend a place I can purchase 4 factory chrome 16" rims for my car? Used is OK.

There were no "factory chrome 16" rims" for a 1994 LS400. 1995 was the first year that chrome wheels were available as an official Lexus option. Anything before that was aftermarket chrome.

True, but you can get any first gen stock lexus rims from a seller on ebay that chromes them. He will charge less if oyu have originl unchromed and send them his way in exchange, but he does have chrome, first gen wheels, and no, they are not chromed from the factory originlly.

Well to answer my own reply, sort of.... I found these center caps:

http://www.capitalwheels.com/store/custome...cat=&page=1

Does $15 each seem too good to be true or is that just a great deal?

$15 for used (take-off) chrome caps sounds pretty decent if they are in A1 condition. I gave a bit less than $25 each for new ones a couple of years ago from Sewell.

But to answer the OP, here is where I'm told the guy I bought my car from bought the wheels:

L.A. Wheel & Tire - eBay Store: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/L-A-Wheel-And-...634Q2ec0Q2em322

LA Wheel has an LS430 UL and is very active on "that other Lexus Forum". Last time I heard, he had punted his "big wheels" and was running the same 16" 01-02 LS430 wheels that you and I have on our cars.

I personally wouldn't buy chrome wheels for my LS. Cheeeeeeeeeee-Z!!!!

Some of us like cheese. I particularly like brie, camenbert, goat cheese and feta.

AzHotLS, do you have any idea why there is such a chrome wheel fetish in Scottsdale?

$15 for used (take-off) chrome caps sounds pretty decent if they are in A1 condition. I gave a bit less than $25 each for new ones a couple of years ago from Sewell.

Since I have a 95, I guess a few scuffs for $15 isn't bad. They're a little more than $25 now at Sewell, OEM Lexus Wheel Hub Ornament Sub-Assembly. However, Carson Toyota has one for $14.86, LINK, assuming it's the correct size. I'll have to give Gordon a call to verify.

AzHotLS, do you have any idea why there is such a chrome wheel fetish in Scottsdale?

Probably because they're stock on about every MB around here.

Larry, sorry if I've taken your tread too far Off Topic.

Hey guys (and girls).. I'm not trying to "pimp my ride". I don't want 22" rims. I just want a nice factory looking 16" chrome wheel. I have a fairly new set of Michelins and I don't want to get rid of them. Chrome tint.. I think not. In Florida you can squeeze by with 20% tint. Highway patrol is always looking for the 5% stuff or limo tint. 20% works for me.

Thanks for all of your assistance. Nice to be a member. You guys rock!