Navigation 2002 Lexus Is300

Fellow Lexus owners,

I have a 2002 Lexus IS300 with a navigation system, when I start the car the nav systems says unable to read dvd, check to see if correct map? Is my DVD player bad, the disc is the original, i ejected the disc and its brand new. I called lexus and the player costs $1500. to replace. Any suggestions to repair this one.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Rob

Fellow Lexus owners,

I have a 2002 Lexus IS300 with a navigation system, when I start the car the nav systems says unable to read dvd, check to see if correct map? Is my DVD player bad, the disc is the original, i ejected the disc and its brand new. I called lexus and the player costs $1500. to replace. Any suggestions to repair this one.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Rob

try to insert/reject few time when the car is in power on position. 2nd, the disc must be GEN 2/3. if you have original disc and wrong GEN# the player will not work. last option is remove cable from battery for 5 min and reconnect it. the dvd will reload the gps base software from the disc and update the system (it may corrupted).