Transmission Fluid Flush...

LC6529

The car regarding this question is a 2002 SC430 with 35K miles. It runs great and has not given any issues other than an O2 sensor that needed replacing.

One of my good friends is a BG Products representative in another state, he is strongly recommending that I take my Lexus to a local dealer that uses BG Products and have my transmission flushed,

have new fluid put in, and also add BG Product transmission treatment.

The reason being is that if I do this before the car hits 36K I will get a warranty against transmission repairs from BG. They will pay up to 2K if I have any transmission problems for the life of the car.

Before my friend mentioned this, I had the Lexus serviced at the Toyota dealership and spoke to them about flushing the transmission fluid and the Service Manager told me there was no need to do this

though they did flush the differential.

What do you guys think?

BTW - I did find a place that does the 'BG Transmission service' and it costs $175.

The car regarding this question is a 2002 SC430 with 35K miles. It runs great and has not given any issues other than an O2 sensor that needed replacing.

One of my good friends is a BG Products representative in another state, he is strongly recommending that I take my Lexus to a local dealer that uses BG Products and have my transmission flushed,

have new fluid put in, and also add BG Product transmission treatment.

The reason being is that if I do this before the car hits 36K I will get a warranty against transmission repairs from BG. They will pay up to 2K if I have any transmission problems for the life of the car.

Before my friend mentioned this, I had the Lexus serviced at the Toyota dealership and spoke to them about flushing the transmission fluid and the Service Manager told me there was no need to do this

though they did flush the differential.

What do you guys think?

BTW - I did find a place that does the 'BG Transmission service' and it costs $175.

Let me first say this, I am not familiar with BG products at all. I would througherly read any such warrenty. I agree with the dealer...you do not need to flush the trans at this point. HOWEVER, let me add that I have flushed my '02 and replaced with Mobil 1 Synthetic and the difference in the way the trans shifts is amazing. The cost was $160.00. I believe money well spent. I also use Mobil 1 Motor Oil. More expensive but only needs changing every 15,000 miles. I change mine every 7,000. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted another friend who has worked at a Nissan dealership for 20 years and he agreed it was best to leave it alone if all was working well.

I think I may do what you did and go synthetic at 40K miles which should be in the fall based on my current driving.

(I drive about 200 miles per week unless it rains, I have a beater for driving in the rain and leave the SC in the garage)

• 3 weeks later...