06-09 Rx400h Headlight Removal?

Hey guys. i need to remove the front headlights on my 08 400h, but am not sure if i need to remove the front bumper etc. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

• 7 months later...
Hey guys. i need to remove the front headlights on my 08 400h, but am not sure if i need to remove the front bumper etc. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

i need help with this too

I still haven't tried removing my headlights yet (was planning a headlight retro but it's been on hold until warmer weather) :rolleyes:

I'm almost 100% sure the bumper needs to be removed though. I'll find out in probably April or May <_<

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think you have to remote the headlight to replace the bulb though - I admit I haven't tried it on the 400h yet (luckily!) but in my wife's Sienna we were able to replace the Xenon bulb relatively easily from under the hood.

I can confirm you can remove the low beam HID bulbs along with the directional and high beam/DRL bulbs and the little parking bulbs in the high beam reflectors without removing the headlights themselves. Not sure abot the little light for the orange reflector though...

It's just a little tight to get your hands in there... but its do-able.

the easiest way is to just loosen the ends of the bumper enough that you can get your 10mm in there to remove the bolt on each side for the headlight. remove the bolts on the top, and gently nudge the headlight out of the lower clips. its pretty easy if you take your time and are careful. i did this to replace the projectors in my wifes RX400h with totally clear ones.

• 1 month later...

the easiest way is to just loosen the ends of the bumper enough that you can get your 10mm in there to remove the bolt on each side for the headlight. remove the bolts on the top, and gently nudge the headlight out of the lower clips. its pretty easy if you take your time and are careful. i did this to replace the projectors in my wifes RX400h with totally clear ones.

I tried this a few months ago and I broke the plastic piece connecting the windshield wiper fluid tank to the motor :(. You have to be careful, since the rubber tubing is attached to the bumper. Oh well, another DIY issue - at least not a disaster.

• 10 years later...