Using Your Phone's Voice Dilaing For The Rx400h's Bluetooth?

I have the bluetooth in my RX400h, is there anyway for me to use my phone's voice dialing while it's connected to my car's Bluetooth? For example, when I have my hands-free bluetooth like Jawbone or Jabra headset hooked to my phone, I can just hit the button on the side of the earpiece and voice dialing will activate on my phone. Does the RX400h do the same? I can't seem to make it work.

Alas, this is not possible - it's a real PITA.

I have a Backberry w/great voice reco, all synronized over-the-air to my Exchange server, and I can't use the voice dialing.

Not only can't you use the microphone in the Lexus, but because you're connected to BT, the phone's mic. is shut off, so you can't use phone voice dialing at all in the car.

I have a Backberry w/great voice reco, all synronized over-the-air to my Exchange server, and I can't use the voice dialing.

Not only can't you use the microphone in the Lexus, but because you're connected to BT, the phone's mic. is shut off, so you can't use phone voice dialing at all in the car.

Thanks! I thought there might have been a slight possibility that it would be possible but I guess not! :(

Er, not so. It is possible to voice dial.

The search tool is a wonderful thing. Consider this ... from another post, and for your pleasure:

Hi everyone - new to forum and Lexus, but may be able to help here. I also had trouble trying to set up Voice Recognition Tags. Could not find the record option page illustrated in the Nav manual, then discovered that while in the Edit Contact Data segment, in addition to inputing new or editing Name and Number(s), you can also press the Down Arrow (left bottom of page) and it opens up an additional option page which contains the hidden Voice Recognition Option. Manual says nothing about the location of this extra page. Just select the "Voice Rec" button and follow its lead to create your Voice Tag. Hope this helps someone.

Anywho ... hope that rescues those that never knew. Now, whether or not the feature is on the newest hardware (08's and beyond) or not ... who knows. But those old posts ... good to save, for a rainy day.