Cargo Net And Bar?

Harley

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using the cargo net with the cargo bar that I see being advertised. I bought a genuine Lexus cargo net accessory but did not realize that holes had to be drilled into the side panels to attach fixtures. I really don't want to drill holes into the panels. I have seen the cargo bars that supposedly securely hold the cargo net in place using tension instead of any kind of fixtures, etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the cargo bar/net in their RX300.330. Thanks in advance.

Hi

I bought the lexus cargo net for my 01 rx 300 from the dealer and you don't have to do any drilling, u just take out the old screws and put in the net, it looks quite good.

Hoope this helps. :D

Hi, rx3002001,

Thanks for your reply, but in the RX330, I am not sure I understand what screws to which you refer. My husband looked at the cargo net when it the net came in, and in the trunk area of the RX330, there are no visible screws. :( There are clamps on the "floor" section of the trunk but no screws or any means to securely attach the net without drillling on the side panels. We may have missed something but I'm pretty sure in the RX330, you have to drill into the panel. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it. :)

You are right. With the RX 330, you DO have to drill the holes for the upper anchors. I was worried about having to do this myself, but in the end it's actually not that difficult to do.

I have an RX330 and I also have the cargo net (I don't know anything about the "cargo bar"). I LOVE the cargo net by the way.

You are provided with paper templates that you use to position over the access panels. These tell you where to drill. The drilling is really easy as the material is not particularly dense.

You then screw in the upper anchors, reaching in through the access panel to insert the screw, while the anchor goes in on the other side. It should only take about 5 minutes to complete.