Rear Entertainment - Audio Through Speakers

• 2 weeks later...

I did a search, but couldn't find any results. Is there a way to get the DVD sound from the rear seat entertainment system to play through the vehicle's speakers, or must you use headphones only? Thanks.

Set audio mode to Aux.

• 1 month later...
I did a search, but couldn't find any results. Is there a way to get the DVD sound from the rear seat entertainment system to play through the vehicle's speakers, or must you use headphones only? Thanks.

Set audio mode to Aux.

I couldn't figure out how to do it on mine either. This didn't work for me. Did you figure it out?

Set audio mode to Aux.

I couldn't figure out how to do it on mine either. This didn't work for me. Did you figure it out?

Chances are very good that unless you have the factory RES (center mounted in the ceiling) you will need to use the headphones.

It is possible to route an aftermarket DVD player (mounted inside the head rest, or elsewhere) to the AUX or CD2 inputs on the head unit, but it would likely require a 3rd party adapter such as the VAIS.

http://www.vaistech.com/products/home.php

Hope this helps.

• 9 years later...