Vsc And Engine Light Just Came On?

tealboy

what does it mean when the VSC light and engine light come on together? I have felt a bit of a brake pulse when hitting the brakes moderately hard, suggesting I may need a brake job soon, but not sure if the vsc light is somehow connected. Also, seems to have shown up shortly after getting an oil change, though I'm sure that's completely unrelated.

any ideas? thx

what does it mean when the VSC light and engine light come on together? I have felt a bit of a brake pulse when hitting the brakes moderately hard, suggesting I may need a brake job soon, but not sure if the vsc light is somehow connected. Also, seems to have shown up shortly after getting an oil change, though I'm sure that's completely unrelated.

any ideas? thx

check the fuel cap if it bit loose, it generates a VSC light, Diagnostic Code P0455, P0456. Evaporative Leak. Check the gasket under the lid, sometime this wears out, you may have to buy a new cap, otherwise just rotate it hard. IF the warning still there, then try getting under the vehicle and check the hose clamps between the Fuel tank and the Charcoal cannister, this sometimes becomes loose. Give it a shot !!

There are a bunch of different problems that can cause the check engine and VSC warnings. Definitely see if there are any stored codes. One problem than can cause the warnings is a bad knock sensor. When the check engine and VSC warnings came on in my 00 LS400 a few weeks ago, the problem was a bad throttle position sensor -- pretty obvious since the accelerator pedal didn't work intermittently.

I've had a defective battery cause the VSC warning at least twice on my 00 LS but the check engine light didn't come on when that happened. The VSC seems to turn itself off at the slightest hint of a number of problems -- checking for a stored code would be the first place I would start if there is nothing else obviously wrong.

I have the same problem. Both lights came on together about a week a go.

I have RX300 2001

It's not the gas cap for me. I just checked all visible hose.

I do have a small oil drip under the engine, but oil level is full.

I'll try to replace the air filter tomorrow.

Sure like to know if someone actually fix this problem.

any ideas? thx

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=55468

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2005 RX330. My warning lights come on for no reason! I have had the dealer check the computer twice when taking it in for service, but they have found nothing wrong. What gives???!! Yesterday the warning lights came on 3 times--no pattern to when or how or where I am driving. One of the times this happened, a loud beep was heard from outside the car. What was that?? I usually stop and turn off the car, then start it up again. Does anyone have this problem? What can I tell them to look for.? I am taking the car in for the 40 thousand mile service this week. Is this dangerous? I am very worried about driving this car if this continues and the dealer can't seem to find anything wrong, nor can they make it happen. Appreciate any advice.

I have a 2005 RX330. My warning lights come on for no reason! I have had the dealer check the computer twice when taking it in for service, but they have found nothing wrong. What gives???!! Yesterday the warning lights came on 3 times--no pattern to when or how or where I am driving. One of the times this happened, a loud beep was heard from outside the car. What was that?? I usually stop and turn off the car, then start it up again. Does anyone have this problem? What can I tell them to look for.? I am taking the car in for the 40 thousand mile service this week. Is this dangerous? I am very worried about driving this car if this continues and the dealer can't seem to find anything wrong, nor can they make it happen. Appreciate any advice.

Most if not all auto co.'s today say if they can't duplicate it when they drive it (of course they're gonna say that), there's nothing wrong with it. Under warrantee, you know what I say, let the service manager or some responsible mechanic take it and drive it as his own until it does it, BECAUSE IT DOES DO IT! I have had to do this 1 time and they corrected the problem!!! I don't think it's probably dangerous, but it's under warrantee, make 'em fix it. It's simply not acceptable to tell you they can't make it do it. I've read of quite a few people who have an intermittent problem like that, that take it back time after time only to be told CND (could not duplicate). When the owner went for a ride with them, guess what, they could duplicate it! I'll leave you to make your own judgement on that.