1994 Es300 Factory Cd Changer

I've read in a few places in this forum that you can (if you find one) install a factory CD changer in the trunk of the car without much trouble.

My question is, my factory radio only has buttons for AM/FM1/FM2/and Tape. Are these buttons reassigned to those that are shown in the owners manual under the CD controller section? Or do I need to replace the factory radio with one that has the CD controller?

Thanks!

I've read in a few places in this forum that you can (if you find one) install a factory CD changer in the trunk of the car without much trouble.

My question is, my factory radio only has buttons for AM/FM1/FM2/and Tape. Are these buttons reassigned to those that are shown in the owners manual under the CD controller section? Or do I need to replace the factory radio with one that has the CD controller?

Thanks!

your head unit has to have an CD/cmp button for it to work if you have an pioneer head unit. There is a guy who sales them who belongs to this site maybe he can help you out. quote me back if interested and I will research his address so you can email him. I have an head unit but Im keeping it in case I ever sell my car. I have an after market system much better. JOhn

yes evrything matches up and is plug in and play to install the cd button radio.... p6801 for 92 93 .......and p6804 for 94 to 96........, the id number is on the cassette flap door. .. i have not been aware a different amp is needed. the changer wiring comes out of the radio and goes to the cd changer so i dont think the amp has any changer wiring and would not be needed to be changed........................................................................ so all you need is a cd button head unit , a real cd changer cable with shielded wiring and es 300 connctors(i have them custom amde by professional) and the es 300 cdx-m9071zt cd changer. you can run the cd changer cable to any place in the car so could do custom instalation in the glovebox or under one of the seats. or in the usual factory trunk location near the left wheel well.. the trunk floor is all different on a non cd changer car from the factory. it has no predrilled holes for the changer and totally different support beams in the floor ....................................................................................... i have helped many es300 owners with retro factory instralls and have even hung the changer from the rear trunk ceiling a more usual location than on the floor. all tape button only radios(id# p1700 and p1702) were not prewired for a cd changer thus a a custom cable is needed.

i belive you pioneersuby

i am only going by what the schematic for my 94 es says

which said the cd changer plugs into the amp

as there are 2 different pages in the lexus manuals for a cd option or not ,

showing the wiring from the deck ,then a harness leaving the amp to go to the changer

it might be different though

as i have never physically seen a non cd amp