Ls V Sc

Von

Now that I have my 93 LS400 road-ready and all's been done that needs to be done (ECU, t-belt, starter, EGR pipe, alt.,brakes, speakers replaced, etc.) I'm looking at a very nice one owner 93 SC400 that I really wanted before I got the LS. Anyone own both ? Any opinions/info would be helpful. I assume they have the same quirks and problems of the LS's...........anymore ?

Would be nice, but I couldnt afford the upkeep of two. One is bad enough. :)

Yeah, if I had one, I would prefer the SC300 over the SC400, because its probably cheaper to service and easier to work on.

If I bought an SC400 or SC300 I'd probably sell the LS. I've never ridden anyone in the back seat, and don't really need the room. I was curious if anyone owned or had owned both and could give a quick review. I've driven a 300 and 400 and thought the 300 was sufficient, although I've been told the 400 was the way to go. The 300 would be easier and cheaper to maintain. The only thing I don't like are the large doors and hinges, but I guess you'd get used to it.

I just sold my '92 SC300 137k. Great car, wonderful ride, excellent quality. Just did not have enough garage space. Sold it to a fellow co-worker with right of first refusal if he decides to sell the car.

I currently own a 97sc300 with 63K miles on it, and is offered for sale here in CA. I only really purchased this car back in 06, as I always wanted one of these cars. I realized it was not for me, (too small), and it has sat over the years with regular start up and oil changes. I also have a 98LS and 01 rx (wifes car). I personally wanted the 300 over the 400, but that just my opinion. Anyway, good luck with your decision.

Ok the Ls and the Sc400. They have the same problems. Because of the 4.0l they both share. They coupe sits real low But that's how all coupes are. Doors are long so getting is and out of the car in an parking lot will be harder than the Ls. Power steering pump if it leaks. It will leak right on your ALT and short it out the Ls does not have that problem. But the Sc is still a great car it just depends on your needs. But me I would just keep both. Keeping two old Lexus up and running. will be cheaper than a new car note and insurance.