94 Sc400 Climate Control Out

Hi folks, I tried searching as a guest but couldn't find my exact issue. I have a 94 SC400 with appx 180000 miles. Runs like a champ, but about a month ago, the climate control system stopped responding. No lights, heat, no air, no fan. I checked all the fuses and they are fine. Nothing in the owners manual covers this and so I am here.

HELP! It gets HOT in the California Northern Valley this time of year

The climate control module failure (usually accompanied by a black or absent display) is fairly common. Dealers want over $1000 for a "new" one (usually refurbished), or you can take your chances on eBay or a salvage yard for a used one (be careful - all years and models are NOT the same). But the best bet is to contact Sammy Wu at Mikado Technology, 8840 Forest Street, Gilroy, CA 95020 (650)615-9966. Or email Sammy at sammywu@sbcglobal.net and ask about getting yours refurbished. A local Lexus dealer put me onto these guys and they are used by dealers across the country to rebuild these climate control modules. Good guys. Over a year ago, they were charging around $200 but costs can vary depending on specifically what is defective in yours. Its the best deal you're likely to find on getting this taken care of. Best of luck!

Thank you very much for the info. Query...Would the Climate control module failure affect the ability to adjust the time? It's not a big issue but it is a tad annoying.

I'm going to make the call in the morning to find out what it would take to get the climate control module to Gilroy.

The climate control module failure (usually accompanied by a black or absent display) is fairly common. Dealers want over $1000 for a "new" one (usually refurbished), or you can take your chances on eBay or a salvage yard for a used one (be careful - all years and models are NOT the same). But the best bet is to contact Sammy Wu at Mikado Technology, 8840 Forest Street, Gilroy, CA 95020 (650)615-9966. Or email Sammy at sammywu@sbcglobal.net and ask about getting yours refurbished. A local Lexus dealer put me onto these guys and they are used by dealers across the country to rebuild these climate control modules. Good guys. Over a year ago, they were charging around $200 but costs can vary depending on specifically what is defective in yours. Its the best deal you're likely to find on getting this taken care of. Best of luck!

Thank you again for the good connection...I called, gave them the info and they quoted me $240 all in.

I am a fan of my car and now a fan of this site :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just got home from driving to Gilroy. I cannot say enough good things about Sammy Wu and Mikado Technology. Walked in to the cleanest shop I've ever seen. Sammy is a friendly sharp guy and they got me in and started quickly. I was in and out in 45 minutes. The total was $243.15.

It was SO worth the 3 hour drive. I'll be going back when its time to replace my gauges in a few months.