Interior Rearview Mirror Vibration

My interior mirror was vibrating alot, but I attributed it to the bass level that I like my sound system at.

For a few days I drove with much less bass and the mirror was still vibrating. I could actually wiggle the mirror with my finger. I found out there is a TSB on this mirror. Seems the older version IS and GS suffer this vibration. TSB NV007 is a replacement mirror. I was 200 miles short of the warranty epxiration so I took it in. They gave me a whole new mirror. My service writer was giggling and I asked her what was so funny. She told me the parts alone for this TSB was $1298.00.

I mean, for a mirror, 1300 clams. :chairshot: no wonder our economy is in the crapper.

steviej

• 1 month later...

My interior mirror was vibrating alot, but I attributed it to the bass level that I like my sound system at.

For a few days I drove with much less bass and the mirror was still vibrating. I could actually wiggle the mirror with my finger. I found out there is a TSB on this mirror. Seems the older version IS and GS suffer this vibration. TSB NV007 is a replacement mirror. I was 200 miles short of the warranty epxiration so I took it in. They gave me a whole new mirror. My service writer was giggling and I asked her what was so funny. She told me the parts alone for this TSB was $1298.00.

I mean, for a mirror, 1300 clams.:chairshot: no wonder our economy is in the crapper.

steviej

Steviej--

Just wondering how many miles you have on your GS?! And shouldn't Lexus have replaced the mirror anyways since theirs a TSB out for it?!

-Bryce

Just wondering how many miles you have on your GS?! And shouldn't Lexus have replaced the mirror anyways since theirs a TSB out for it?!

-Bryce

When I had this done, it was at 49,800 give or take 10 miles. That is what is so funny. Had I waited until the mileage went over 50k, they would not have covered it. The TSB has been out since November of 2007. It was not until May 2009 that I decided to take it in. I have ontly had the car since May 2008, but have noticed the mirror vibration but attributed it to the amount of bass I like.

Just because there is a TSB, does not automatically mean the service or part is covered. If the car is under warranty, then it is covered. If the car is out of warranty, other factors have to be taken into consideration if a dealership is going to cover the work. For example, if the TSB is new for an older car, then they may cover it. If the TSB is old for a not so new car then they are not required to cover the parts or service.

Don't confuse TSBs with safety recalls. Recalls are usually covered in full at any time.

Steve

Hello,

I have 07 GS350 and I also have mirror vibrating problem.

Does this TSB applied to 07 GS350 and do you think I can get it replaced?

Thanks

according to Alldata.com, that TSB is listed for the 07 GS350 as well.

Call your dealership before your warranty is up.

Steve

My factory warranty on the GS430 ended last May.

I can't tell you guys how irritated I am that I didn't find out about http://www.alldata.com/TSB/31/06310920.html until now.

If you out of warranty, then ask you dealership to roll your milage back in their computer to so that warranty will cover it.

If you are out by time......I am sorry.

steviej

• 2 months later...

I bought a '06 GS300 AWD about a month ago. This is my first Lexus so please excuse my ignorance but what does TSB stand for? So far I haven't noticed any vibrating on my rearview mirror. I'm definitely going to pay close attention though while it's still under warranty. Are there any other issues that I should be looking out for?

I bought a '06 GS300 AWD about a month ago. This is my first Lexus so please excuse my ignorance but what does TSB stand for? So far I haven't noticed any vibrating on my rearview mirror. I'm definitely going to pay close attention though while it's still under warranty. Are there any other issues that I should be looking out for?

TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin. These are service campaigns (notifications of new procedures, improved parts, fixes for common complaints or problems, etc) that should be covered under the full warranty.

steviej