Aftermarket Satalite Radio

So i'm having sirius installed to the navi so that i can control it from the Nav screen and steering wheel controls... I didnt get it as an option on the vehicle because i bought it pre-owned and it didnt have it. the dealer wants $950.00 to do it!!!! an aftermarket using the same adapter says they can do it for $250 with the factory part (they warrant that their installation will look as though it will be a factory install, so much that the lexus techs wont be able to notice it).... anyone done this, any advice? i mean that's an absurd mark up!!!! and i do EVERYTHING even simple oil changes at lexus....

950? Does that dealership require the sales people to wear a mask and carry guns too? That's stupid! $250 is actually a pretty good deal if they are using the factory unit. New they sell for 200 bucks, so 50 for the install is perfect. I bought mine for 150 and installed it myself. It's plug and play. On the back of the unit is an input for the sat radio. It took me about 30 minutes beginning to end.

I am interested in this buy without the NAV. I just bought a preowned 07 without NAV. I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius & need to figure out the best way to get it into my car stereo.

I just bought the TOY-SC1 Interface Module & Sirius Connect Vehicle Kit - SCVDOC1. I have a lifetime subscription and the stiletto 100. Cost me a little over $200 shipped.

What I would like to know, is if anyone has instructions on how to install it. Connections are not the biggest problem, more on how to get to the back of the radio.

Would love some help, I have the non-nave 6-disc radio

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I am interested in this buy without the NAV. I just bought a preowned 07 without NAV. I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius & need to figure out the best way to get it into my car stereo.

I just bought the TOY-SC1 Interface Module & Sirius Connect Vehicle Kit - SCVDOC1. I have a lifetime subscription and the stiletto 100. Cost me a little over $200 shipped.

What I would like to know, is if anyone has instructions on how to install it. Connections are not the biggest problem, more on how to get to the back of the radio.

Would love some help, I have the non-nave 6-disc radio

Thanks

You don't have to get to the back of the head unit. All the connections for hooking up the satellite radio are in the trunk. I'm not 100% but you may have the wrong connect kit too. I think the correct one is LEXSIR2. As far as the install, like I said it is in the trunk. You just have to remove a few panels. It is on the right side a little down and to the right of the arm that raises the trunk. But don't tear your dash apart trying to get to the back of the radio 'cause you won't find anything there.

Also if I'm reading this right, the lifetime subscription is linked to your current satellite radio correct? You may not be able to control it from the head unit in that case. You may be stuck with using the AUX input if you want to stick with the stiletto because Sirius might not grant you a switch. Hope that helps.