Navigation Dvd Change Procedure

I must be missing something obvious :o

I have my DVD to upgrade the navigation to 8.1 (looking forward to having many of the streets I travel on the map). I know where the disc goes. I even know how to open the disc door (slide the switch beside the cover over).

How do you make the disc pop out? Is there an eject button that I'm simply missing?

Also, after I replace the disc, do I just start the car and go or is there anything else I need to do?

I must be missing something obvious :o

I have my DVD to upgrade the navigation to 8.1 (looking forward to having many of the streets I travel on the map). I know where the disc goes. I even know how to open the disc door (slide the switch beside the cover over).

How do you make the disc pop out? Is there an eject button that I'm simply missing?

Also, after I replace the disc, do I just start the car and go or is there anything else I need to do?

just hit the eject button after you opened the door.....and insert new disc. simple as that

push the slider open and push the slider in and hold it in.

Turned out to be even simpler. The power needs to be on when you open the slider. The disc pops right out then. If you open the door and then turn on the power, it just sits there.

Loaded right up and works fine.

Thanks for the help folks.

Turned out to be even simpler. The power needs to be on when you open the slider. The disc pops right out then. If you open the door and then turn on the power, it just sits there.

Great, my nav is malfunctioning, says unable to read dvd. I reset it and then this morning it froze and went to a black screen?

Great, my nav is malfunctioning, says unable to read dvd. I reset it and then this morning it froze and went to a black screen?

make sure you put the disc in the correct way. I dont want to sound rude, but make sure the shiny part is facing down.

also, does anyone know if a copied verison be used? Meaning if I was able to get my hands on a burned copy of the genuine disc, say for instance, from a 2004 GS430, will the system see it as a genuine disc and use it for the maps?

also, does anyone know if a copied verison be used? Meaning if I was able to get my hands on a burned copy of the genuine disc, say for instance, from a 2004 GS430, will the system see it as a genuine disc and use it for the maps?

it's just a DVD player. why does it care if it is a genuine disc or a DVD+DL disc? as long as the disc has good and uniform coating (Verbartim, Sony, TDK...) then 2004 GS430 dvd player has no problem reading it. even 2002 SC430 dvd player can read the DVD+DL disc well.