Location Of The Foglight Relay?

MSAGRO

Newest member here. I own an 04 GX, everything works fine except the foglights.

I checked the fuse and it was OK, I was thinking perhaps it's the plug-in relay. In the ES Lexus models, it's located under the dash by the steering column.

Does anyone here know where it's located on the GX?

Or if it might be something else?

Any info would be appreciated.

Glad to be on board.

MSAGRO

P1020086.jpg

This is the wiring diagram... check it out . Before you goto the relay do a wire test leading to the fuse. They are color coded. The wiring diagram shows the colors. cheers

Thanks for the info mann777, did the test on the red/black fuse wire for the fogs. Came up as power to and from them.

Could it be the relay? From the diagram, I could not find where located.

Please advise, and thanks again.

Msagro

I don't think I could be of much help, but the fog relay MAY be close to the flasher relay. I replaced the flasher relay on my 4Runner to activate the DRL on it, and to get to the flasher relay it's behind the junction box on the lower part of the steering wheel, behind the interior fuse box (cant remember if my GX has the same setup as the 4Runner) but you could try and go from there. :blink:

Ok Agro... after a lot of research.. finally I have located the relay.. the relay is in the engine Compartment bay Fuse box. Now this Relay is located exactly behind the CDS Fan Fuse(10A) & Towing Fuse (40A) . The relay is third relay if you looking towards the Engine Fuse box from the Right to left. Another identification to this relay it is exactly right in front of the Heater Relay ( bigger boxy looking "plus shape"). Let us know, after you finish the job :D

Ok Agro... after a lot of research.. finally I have located the relay.. the relay is in the engine Compartment bay Fuse box. Now this Relay is located exactly behind the CDS Fan Fuse(10A) & Towing Fuse (40A) . The relay is third relay if you looking towards the Engine Fuse box from the Right to left. Another identification to this relay it is exactly right in front of the Heater Relay ( bigger boxy looking "plus shape"). Let us know, after you finish the job :D

Thanks for the info. I found it! Little white square thingy. Denso Relay. Called the Lexus dealer for cost ($88), then to save money.... called the Toyota dealership ($98)?!? Non returnable item on this, just to be sure, I have a friend with a silver GX, gonna borrow his relay and see if thats the problem.

If that does the trick, gonna head to the Lexus dealership and pick up the relay (and one of those cute 2 piece chocolates they give you.

Thanks again for locating that for me.