Recommended Lug Nut Torque?

AZ Mike

Apologies....tried using the search, but with the new search format, I could not seem to limit it to a specific model. I am looking for the manufacturer recommended lug nut torque for a '99 LS. Thanks, and happy Memorial Day!

I just had to have front rotors machined due to an overzealous tire store employee with his trusty impact wrench.

You don't need absolute precision but nut to nut variance should be low. Only way to get that is with a torque wrench. If you use an air wrench then at least use a torque limiter http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=92890 (but better to do by hand with torque wrench in my mind).

Their alluminum wheels right? put em at 100 ftlb

steel than put em at 90 ftlb

or else just take that nifty impact and zap em down till their tight. who cares!!?

wow that's probably the worst wheel torque advice i've ever read in my life. :rolleyes:

please disregard this guy, you'll end up warping your brake rotors and/or snapping a lug nut. regardless of steel or aluminum you don't generally need >80 ft/lbs of torque on the lugs, ESPECIALLY on these cars given that they're hubcentric.

Their alluminum wheels right? put em at 100 ftlb

steel than put em at 90 ftlb

or else just take that nifty impact and zap em down till their tight. who cares!!?

Sober up before posting OK? That advice is not only stupid, it's dangerous.