2001 Gs300 Problem Please Help

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and will greatly appreciate your help and input. I have a 2001 GS300 and for the past few months have been hearing an extremely annoying rattling sound from the dashboard. Took it to Defeo Lexus dealership in New Jersey about 3 times. They added padding to fix the problem but the noise still comes back sometimes and it is driving me crazy.

Has anyone here experienced the same problem? If so, let me know how you did go about fixing it.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Liszt

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen quite a few Technical Service Bulletins on Alldata relating to this - the most common cause seems to be the glovebox and the middle vent.

You can easily pop out the vent and make sre tha nothing is loose..

I found that adding some small felt pads around the edges of the glovebox to make it close tighter helped.

• 1 month later...
I've seen quite a few Technical Service Bulletins on Alldata relating to this - the most common cause seems to be the glovebox and the middle vent.

You can easily pop out the vent and make sre tha nothing is loose..

I found that adding some small felt pads around the edges of the glovebox to make it close tighter helped.

This information is correct. i have also had the same issue and the felt did resolve the problem. My nosie was coming from the center air vents.

A noise common to 1998 and newer gs`s is a rattling noise that sounds like

it is coming from the dash but is in the engine compartment.It is usually noted

on acceleration.there is a plastic tube on the LF "frame" rail that is held by a

small metal bracket.upon acceleration this tube vibrates in between the frame

and bracket.insulate it or increase tension of bracket to tightly secure tube.