Not Sure If I Should Replace The Rear Strut Mounts?

So I finally got around to changing the struts on my SC............needless to say after 180k the OEM struts were toast as were the Bump stops. The left front stop was in pieces LITERALLY and the right one was in half, but to my surprise the mounts were fine. I thought the SC had bearing in the mounts, but they dont, all they have is a rubber grommet that helps hold the spring insulator in place. I had already purchased new front mounts from rockauto so I put those on but I really didnt need to waste the $40 for them.

Now I still need to replace my rears and I'm wondering if I should buy new mounts seeing how the fronts were perfectly fine? For those of you who replaced the struts on the SC did you reuse the mounts and just change out the stops and boots? Normally I would just purchase new mounts but I would rather put the $100+ for the mounts toward either LCA's, Tire Rods, PS Pump, Gasket Kit and the list goes on lol. The other issue is not a single place around here stocks them and every shop has to order em and it is going to take atleast a week to arrive..................I'm not patience once I start something lol.

When you say noise could be more specific? I have pushed down HARD on the rear of the car and the only sound I get is the sound of a dead strut......It is a light grinding noise. When I put the car in reverse and start rolling I can sometimes hear a small pop/grinding coming from the rear, but I'm not sure if thats the Controls Arms or something else..............Could that be the mounts? The thing I dont understand is how a sold metal mount and be bad if its not cracked. There are no bearings or rubber parts on the mounts that I can see. On the front the only rubber was for the spring insulator, but other than that the entire mount was sold metal.

So I finally got around to changing the struts on my SC............needless to say after 180k the OEM struts were toast as were the Bump stops. The left front stop was in pieces LITERALLY and the right one was in half, but to my surprise the mounts were fine. I thought the SC had bearing in the mounts, but they dont, all they have is a rubber grommet that helps hold the spring insulator in place. I had already purchased new front mounts from rockauto so I put those on but I really didnt need to waste the $40 for them.

Now I still need to replace my rears and I'm wondering if I should buy new mounts seeing how the fronts were perfectly fine? For those of you who replaced the struts on the SC did you reuse the mounts and just change out the stops and boots? Normally I would just purchase new mounts but I would rather put the $100+ for the mounts toward either LCA's, Tire Rods, PS Pump, Gasket Kit and the list goes on lol. The other issue is not a single place around here stocks them and every shop has to order em and it is going to take atleast a week to arrive..................I'm not patience once I start something lol.

I have always had a good experience with Midas. Don't know if you have any near you, but even if you want to install them yourself, maybe a local Midas will order them for you. Something I have had done on my SC400 and the last four autos is to have Monroe SensaTracs put on. Has all the stuff on you need in one package.

well i guess it would be hard to tell if the shocks are dead and making noise but the top mounts are rubber insulated peices and they get hard with time so when you hit bumps they will transmit more noise as they get older. if you are having someone change them for you just buy the hats. if you are doing the work yourself then slap it together see if it makes noise then go from there.