07' Or 08' Navigation On 06'

I have an 06' GS430 with navigation with the old style interface but I want to upgrade my navi to the 07' or 08' system version. Is that possible?

Do you want a new 09 nav or just the new map ?

I have an 06' GS430 with navigation with the old style interface but I want to upgrade my navi to the 07' or 08' system version. Is that possible?

new nav and map.

new nav and map.

I will look into this for you ;)

new nav and map.

I will look into this for you ;)

tank kyo!

• 2 months later...

I have a 2008 GS with original nav. I borrowed and copied to my computer hard drive a copied updated DVD Gen 5 V.8.1. disc. It was on a DVD +R DL disk and woked on my friends Lexus which is older than mine. I then burned a DVD +R DL disk but the car won't read it. Have I done something wrong? Do I need to do something to the nav unit when inserting an updated disc. It says that it can't read the new disc. Is an updated disc available?

Not sure about the '09 Navs, but I thought and an '07 could be added to an '06 (though it's a pretty costly proposition as far as I understand - you have to replace the whole unit).

I would imagine that it would be technically possible to remove the screen alone and replace that?