Rx400h Fog Light Upgrade

Hi Guys,

Just upgraded the fog light on my 400h with 3000k HIDs. It's kind of green when it just turned on, then it goes to golden yellow. Here are the pix.

Andy

Which HID kit did you use ? and how much?

Hi Guys,

Just upgraded the fog light on my 400h with 3000k HIDs. It's kind of green when it just turned on, then it goes to golden yellow. Here are the pix.

Andy

It's Bosch HID kit and 250US shipped

Hi Guys,

Andy

It's Bosch HID kit and 250US shipped

looking nice, where did you put the ballast?

Wow, that looks almost too bright! Are you sure those are legal in all states?

Apparently the defendent is not compelled to testify. LOL

Tom

• 1 month later...

It's probably not best to go with one of the HID "kits" shown above, since the bulbs are different and will cause excessive glare above the cutoff line (which will blind people) and put less light on the road ahead of you where you need it.

HID bulbs and Halogen bulbs have different focal points. The Rx fog light projectors are designed for halogen H11 bulbs. The contour of the bowls are designed around the focal point of light of a halogen bulb. Put an HID bulb in a halogen projector and you'll get glare and less usable light.

I'd go with any H11 halogen bulb. I'm currently using PIAA ion yellow halogen bulbs. They're yellow and add more usable light than an HID bulb would, at about half the price. Any H11 halogen bulb, even HIR bulbs would be better than HID's, unless you swap out the projectors for an HID projector.