Pwr Vs. Snow Setting On The 2008 Is250

Does anyone know what the real difference is between the PWR position and the middle position (the SNOW position is the bottom position) on the switch for ECT.

Is it really worth switching from the middle to the PWR position if I want to get on it and make the car perform better? I live in southern california so snow isn't a factor.

Thanks,

fpuighs

I was playing around with the POWER mode. It does feel like it downshifts more frequently and when it shifts it does feel faster/sharper.

Anybody know if it does anything else like advance the timing?

It's just the transmission. ECT = Electronic Controlled Transmission

YEs and no. If you go light on the gas, it will not be noticeable, and PWR may actually get better in some cases, as the normal mode tends to "lug" the engine in high gear on inclines.

On the other hand, if you drive more aggressively you loose one or 2 mpg.

I was playing around with the POWER mode. It does feel like it downshifts more frequently and when it shifts it does feel faster/sharper.

Anybody know if it does anything else like advance the timing?

It's just the transmission. ECT = Electronic Controlled Transmission

Oh..that's what that means :)

YEs and no. If you go light on the gas, it will not be noticeable, and PWR may actually get better in some cases, as the normal mode tends to "lug" the engine in high gear on inclines.

On the other hand, if you drive more aggressively you loose one or 2 mpg.

So far, for me, it seems pretty close (maybe 1mpg difference). I am able to be a little heavier on throttle in the city and get snappier results than with normal.

Haven't tried it on the freeway yet.

Does the gas consumption increase when the ECT is on compared to the Normal mode?

I think I have a magnet stuck on the bottom of my gas pedal. Whenever I put my foot on it, it falls right to the floor and stays there. :rolleyes: