Bodyside Moulding

Lexica

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the posts and comments. Great forum!

I'm just about to purchase my first Lexus and was wondering if you have a word of advice regarding the side moulding. I didn't really think of it till today when I went to the dealership to check out the colours. (Yes, I'm still undecided :-) For me, it's a toss between White and Smoky Granite.) The two cars that caught my eye today had the rear spoiler and side moulding, something I hadn't thought of adding to my car. The granite looked really sharp whereas the white one didn't quite look as hot. Colour does matter!

I like Smoky Granite but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting White on Black and because I didn't like the spoiler on the white, I think I might just get the moulding but... I don't know how it's going to affect the look of the car. Has anyone got it? What do you think it's going to look like on White? Bodyside moulding is a practical thing to have but I really don't want it to "cheapen" the look of the car which may happen with the "wrong" colour. Any thoughts?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the posts and comments. Great forum!

I'm just about to purchase my first Lexus and was wondering if you have a word of advice regarding the side moulding. I didn't really think of it till today when I went to the dealership to check out the colours. (Yes, I'm still undecided :-) For me, it's a toss between White and Smoky Granite.) The two cars that caught my eye today had the rear spoiler and side moulding, something I hadn't thought of adding to my car. The granite looked really sharp whereas the white one didn't quite look as hot. Colour does matter!

I like Smoky Granite but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting White on Black and because I didn't like the spoiler on the white, I think I might just get the moulding but... I don't know how it's going to affect the look of the car. Has anyone got it? What do you think it's going to look like on White? Bodyside moulding is a practical thing to have but I really don't want it to "cheapen" the look of the car which may happen with the "wrong" colour. Any thoughts?

I havee the side moldings on my 09 ES 350; white on black, I was also unsure how they would look but turned out great! give a really nice "finished" look to the side of the car..........

Take a look at my gallery. I was like you and thought long and hard about the moldings; even went so far as to have the dealer tape them on the car in the service bay before they permanently installed them so I could see what they looked like. I'm sure glad I went ahead and got them. Not a week after, some nutbag door-dinged me so hard it nicked the paint on the molding. Fortunately, not on the metal, and a little touch-up paint later, all is well...

In addition, IMO, the ES looks a little too bubble shaped, depending on the angle you're viewing. I have the UL package and the moldings, along with the spoiler, help to create the horizontal lines that lower the aspect and make it look a bit longer, lower and sleeker...just my opinion, but I highly recommend them...

I have White on Grey, by the way, although I had to buy it in Calif. and drive back to VA to get it...I think it's the best color combo...never liked the beige interior.

post-68241-1243052337_thumb.jpg

post-68241-1243052432_thumb.jpg

I think this topic has been beaten to death in other posts.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=45818

If you can get starfire pearl with black interior somewhere outside of Indiana, then color me furious. I had to nearly order my car to get gray interior - I wanted black badly and they wouldn't even let me order it. I spoke to dealers in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky and Indiana.

I know they made some in 2007 as I could have bought one used, but I thought after 2007 they didn't make them anymore.