Should I go with the OEM Dunlop SP 5000, or does anyone have a suggestion as to another to consider? I've heard mixed reviews on the OEM tires, so I was looking at Goodyear Eagle GT or maybe Yokohamas. I live in Chicago, so I need an all seasons tire.

Thanks

I would recommend the Goodyears, had them on a Firebird and drove in snow sometimes without problems. Right now I have Continental Extreme Contacts. I only have one experience on slick surface, freezing rain, but they did fine on that. The price is lower than the Goodyears. The Continentals suit me just fine on dry or wet roads as well.

I actually ended up with Bridgestone re960's. I've only driven 50 miles or so on them, but so far a very smooth, low noise ride. A bit on the expensive side, but I've always liked bridgestone products and these don't appear to be a slide from their normal quality. Certainly better than the rubbish Dunlops the dealer wanted to put on.

CR rated all season tires in 18 inch as follows:

1 Dunlop SP Sport 5000

2 Continental ContiProContact

3 Yokohama Avid H4S

4 Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus

and UHP all season:

1 Falken ZE 912

2 Nitto Neo Gen ZR

3 Yokohama Advan S4

Looks the dealer was not wrong after all...