Gs300 Alternator Replacement Link Anyone?

I have determined my alternator is dead and I am going to replace it myself tomorrow. I have replaced alternators before so I am fairly comfortable doing it. However I would be grateful for any links to a step-by-step so I don't miss any "gotchas" and I do it right.

Thanks.

I guess it's too easy for a step-by-step.

Disco the battery, loosen the tension bolt, remove the belt, remove both bolts and the alt, then reverse that for installation.

If there is anything else I may be missing, maybe someone will let me know.

Good day.

By the way, I did a search for this here before posting and found nothing.

I have determined my alternator is dead and I am going to replace it myself tomorrow. I have replaced alternators before so I am fairly comfortable doing it. However I would be grateful for any links to a step-by-step so I don't miss any "gotchas" and I do it right.

Thanks.

Why are you replacing the alt ?

Thanks.

You really want to fix it cheap, just buy the 2 contacts or brushes as they are called and pop them in. I do this for Alts and starters and have never replaced the entire unit. $10 will do it.

You really want to fix it cheap, just buy the 2 contacts or brushes as they are called and pop them in. I do this for Alts and starters and have never replaced the entire unit. $10 will do it.

Where's a good source for brushes? :)

Thanks.

Excuse my ignorance but what are brushes? Contacts... I have to assume you are speaking of the contacts on the unit for the cable and connector to the unit. How do you fix something by "popping" it in? Basically what I am asking is, can you be more descriptive? Your solution is too ambiguous. I wished it were that simple.

Also, is there a tension pulley I am missing. I have the bottom bolt off and the top bolt is stuck due to the tension on the belt and I cannot remove the belt from the pulley.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks.

Repair Manual

After you get to Auto Repair Reference Center: 1993>Lexus>GS300>Repair Procedures>Engine Performance and Tune-Up>Engine Electrical>Alternator ;)

Thanks.

Repair Manual

After you get to Auto Repair Reference Center: 1993>Lexus>GS300>Repair Procedures>Engine Performance and Tune-Up>Engine Electrical>Alternator ;)

Thanks for the link. I actually competed the job right after my last post but I will save the link for future jobs.