2002 Sc-430?

iolmaster

I currently have a 2000 ES300 and no longer need the sedan. It has been a great car. I currently have 135,000 miles on it and I am thinking about getting a 2002 SC430 that has about 50,000. Do these cars have any quirks that I need to be aware of? Any maintenance issues? Any input will be appreciated.

I currently have a 2000 ES300 and no longer need the sedan. It has been a great car. I currently have 135,000 miles on it and I am thinking about getting a 2002 SC430 that has about 50,000. Do these cars have any quirks that I need to be aware of? Any maintenance issues? Any input will be appreciated.

I have an '03 with 71,000 miles on it. The only issues I've had are the trunk struts failing, a slight roof rattle, and the right rear quarter window regulator failing. The first two are very minor. The last was covered under warranty. Other than that, this car has been bullet proof. It runs like a dream.

I bought a Certified Pre-owned '02 from Sewell Lexus last year sight unseen (just web pics). 63,000 miles. These people are TOPS in my book. Car was perfect and has remained that way. Only complaints are the usual seemingly universal ones: Run Flat Tires SUCK!! and the sound system SUCKS!! Hope this helps.

Thing to look for :

Strut brace on the boot x 2

02 sensors and tyres sensors they will show up on engine management laps.

Corrision on alloys.

Finally SOFT PAINT can get stone chiped easy.

Other than that just enjoy