A Little Over 180,000 Miles Gs300, How Long Will It Last?

Hello fellow Lexus owners. I have a dilemma now.

Although I have heard so many times here that how Lexus vehicles can run well over 200,000 miles easily if well maintained, I have never actually drove one past 100,000 miles.

Now, I am thinking about buying a 2001 GS300 that has 180,000 miles and I am not sure how long I can drive it if I decide to buy the vehicle.

It looks clean inside-out and it runs pretty well. I am not familiar with the car's history though.

Seller is asking $7,000. It has no navigation; no premium sound either.

You advice is greatly appreciated.

Hello fellow Lexus owners. I have a dilemma now.

Although I have heard so many times here that how Lexus vehicles can run well over 200,000 miles easily if well maintained, I have never actually drove one past 100,000 miles.

Now, I am thinking about buying a 2001 GS300 that has 180,000 miles and I am not sure how long I can drive it if I decide to buy the vehicle.

It looks clean inside-out and it runs pretty well. I am not familiar with the car's history though.

Seller is asking $7,000. It has no navigation; no premium sound either.

You advice is greatly appreciated.

Dont get it. a car with that many miles is not worth 7,000. you can find some gs400's with less miles for that amount of money. i got my gs300 for 7,000 with 116,000 miles and i still feel like i got ripped off.. the last owner had the maintainance done on time and everything and had the papers to prove it. mine came with upgraded 19 inch wheels to. id say dont take it. but still look around for a gs300/400 they are very reliable cars. and like me... your gunna love it :]

Dont get it. a car with that many miles is not worth 7,000. you can find some gs400's with less miles for that amount of money. i got my gs300 for 7,000 with 116,000 miles and i still feel like i got ripped off.. the last owner had the maintainance done on time and everything and had the papers to prove it. mine came with upgraded 19 inch wheels to. id say dont take it. but still look around for a gs300/400 they are very reliable cars. and like me... your gunna love it :]

Then, how much would you pay for this? Another guy apparently offered $5,000 arguing mileage is too high but the seller turned it down.

Also, I didn't know CARFAX had raised prices. I used CARFAX in 2004 or 2005 and I believe the deal was $29.99 for unlimited search for 1 month. Now, it's only 1 for $29.99 and only 5 for $39.99; I guess monopoly (almost) is a sweet thing.

Also II, does any Lexus dealer provide the car's history with given VIN number? For free or for a fee? Can this be done via phone and fax/email without actually visiting the dealer?

Then, how much would you pay for this? Another guy apparently offered $5,000 arguing mileage is too high but the seller turned it down.

Also, I didn't know CARFAX had raised prices. I used CARFAX in 2004 or 2005 and I believe the deal was $29.99 for unlimited search for 1 month. Now, it's only 1 for $29.99 and only 5 for $39.99; I guess monopoly (almost) is a sweet thing.

Also II, does any Lexus dealer provide the car's history with given VIN number? For free or for a fee? Can this be done via phone and fax/email without actually visiting the dealer?

I won't pay more than $5,000 for that car with that miles, if the seller won't sell it then I suggest you go look for another car. And for CARFAX reports, seller should get you that...you shouldn't pay for it.

Well, apparently, the owner has sold the car yesterday to someone who offered $7,000 cash on the spot.

:huh:

just be happy your not that guy, thats to much for that many miles i think....wonder if they are gonna show up here or on CL soon going guess what i got for ONLY 7k

I feel a little better now. ^_^

But, you guys should be happy, too. It's a good news there are people who are willing to pay top dollars for your GS.

Nonetheless, thank you all for your advices and hope to find a better GS soon. I think I have fell in love with GS--especially, 2001 under $7,000 ones.