Sunroof Tapping

That's funny, I have an annoying tapping sound when mine is open!

Only at times though, I usually just turn the stereo up and it seems to disappear... :D :D :D

my 95' does the same thing, slightly annoying but i also jam up the radio a bit. it also makes an awful racket when i Tilt it back down....my guess is the groove bushings are worn, giving the moving tracks some slack...im hoping these small parts are replaceable! <_<

Easy fix, as my 95 use to do the same thing. Go to the hardware store and buy a roll of black, fabric based, tape. Now, open your sunroof and look for the two, small, black rubber seats along the front of the opening. Put a piece of that tape on top of those rubber seats, and you should be good to go! What has happened is that over time, those two, square rubber seats have simply compressed enough create some slack between them and the sunroof when it's closed. The tape will fill that void, and with it being fabric based, won't stick to the roof when it closes and opens. I did this, and it fixed it for the three years I owned it.

Easy fix, as my 95 use to do the same thing. Go to the hardware store and buy a roll of black, fabric based, tape. Now, open your sunroof and look for the two, small, black rubber seats along the front of the opening. Put a piece of that tape on top of those rubber seats, and you should be good to go! What has happened is that over time, those two, square rubber seats have simply compressed enough create some slack between them and the sunroof when it's closed. The tape will fill that void, and with it being fabric based, won't stick to the roof when it closes and opens. I did this, and it fixed it for the three years I owned it.

Awesome Advice! I will have to try that this afternoon. do you think the Tackiness of the tape is good enough? or should any type of adhesive should be applied? nice signature quote by the way. at the time, i was to young to appreciate the value of a good presidency....but that's a whole different Forum!