What Should I Expect To Pay?

So my dealer still has two brand new RX400hs on the lot. They are both demo units so they have about 5,000 miles on them. I believe the sticker price is $51,000 each. What is a good price to pay for one of these?

So my dealer still has two brand new RX400hs on the lot. They are both demo units so they have about 5,000 miles on them. I believe the sticker price is $51,000 each. What is a good price to pay for one of these?

I would say the invoice is approx. $45,000. That would be the most I'd pay for any $51,000 vehicle with 5000 miles on it. Most likely, they will accept less.

If he waits for the 2010's, he'll probably have to pay close to sticker. But, then again, in this economy, they may be offering reasonable discounts.

Although the 2010 has higher horsepower, it's all used up by the extra weight of the vehicle. I believe it was Edmunds that got to test drive one a while back. They rated it as only marginally better than current 400h's.

If he waits for the 2010's, he'll probably have to pay close to sticker. But, then again, in this economy, they may be offering reasonable discounts.

Although the 2010 has higher horsepower, it's all used up by the extra weight of the vehicle. I believe it was Edmunds that got to test drive one a while back. They rated it as only marginally better than current 400h's.

No more than $38,000.

Go to edmunds.com and look up the "True Market Value" After you price the car with option it looks into a datebase from recent sales on the same type of car and tell you exactly what other people are paying.

"So my dealer still has two brand new RX400hs on the lot. They are both demo units so they have about 5,000 miles on them."

A car with 5000 miles is not a "brand new car." That is a used car. In fact, it was driven for the first 5000 miles much harder than I would have drove it.

I wouldn't even consider anything over $38-39k.

Agree with jrober ... demo car is worse than lease because it was driven by so many people ... imagine each test drive is 10 miles then hundreds of people had driven the car without care in mind since the car is not theirs ... depends what option is on the car ... I'd say low 40k at most.

Yep, depending on the amount of extras on the car, around 40K would be good. Do not wait for the new RX, save your money on a car that is almost identical and much better looking. (Yep Lexus, you lost me as a potential new RX buyer, it is way to bland looking)

Hi Kyle,

I would say around 39-40K. We paid base $44K for a brand new one a month ago. It came off a $52K sticker. 36 miles on it and fully loaded. Love the car. And I completely agree with some others on this post.....the previous model shape identifies the Lexus as one.....the new one looks like a Mazda MX9 or the new Buick....it just doesn't stand out....that's just my POV. I test drove the 10 RX - non hybrid before I even knew my dealer had hybrids on the lot. After I drove the RX400h I totally loved it.

Regards - Sundar