Dvd Error On 04 Gx

lvivuk

Greetings, long time reader first time poster.

I have small difficulty with rear DVD player. After inserting homemade DVD I get “Disc Error” message on the screen.

Is it at all possible to play burnt DVD’s in 04 GX470?

It depends on the format you have burnt on and whether that would be acceptable in the GX. Very early on I use to have as I used a Dual layer format to burn Cartoons for my kids on long drive. And I used to get these error messages, And I was told by Sewell to use DVD -R and not RW versions, And after that I never get as I started to use Sony DVD-R and format was using Nero Burn. As sometime Software compatibilty could have problems not allowing the DVD to play and then you hhave the dreaded message "DISC ERROR". Especially when you want them to play. So try out this as one option.

It depends on the format you have burnt on and whether that would be acceptable in the GX. Very early on I use to have as I used a Dual layer format to burn Cartoons for my kids on long drive. And I used to get these error messages, And I was told by Sewell to use DVD -R and not RW versions, And after that I never get as I started to use Sony DVD-R and format was using Nero Burn. As sometime Software compatibilty could have problems not allowing the DVD to play and then you hhave the dreaded message "DISC ERROR". Especially when you want them to play. So try out this as one option.

Thanks much I will try Nero.