Warranty Won't Cover A Loaner Car?

The local dealer is trying to tell me that I do not get a loaner vehicle when I bring my new (used) RX330 in for service. I just got it on Friday and I want to have a few noises/etc. checked out. It has 43k miles on it and is still under the factory warranty. My crappy Mazda came with a loaner as part of its warranty.... I can't fathom that LEXUS does not do this. Is this guy blowing smoke up my rear or what?

All thoughts are welcome! THANK YOU!

Actually, one more question about the warranty for you:

the car shakes at highway speeds. It's probably just balancing the tires. A friend insists that my warranty will cover that. I've never seen one that will... but I've never owned a Lexus before, either. What is your experience?

THANK YOU!! :D

• 1 month later...

If the car is under warranty, it's original and or the CPO warranty, then you should get a complimentary loaner if the work will take more than 1 hour for them.

As for the shaking, that's not covered =/

Warranty informatoin from the Lexus website: "Wheel alignment and balancing are covered for 12 months or 20,000 miles, whichever occurs first."

Vibrations at highway speeds can also be caused by bent wheels, damaged or defectives tire and suspension damage (e.g. from improperly repaired collision damage) which are not covered by the car's warranty.

Lexus dealers exercise some discretion when it comes to loaner cars. The main complaint I've seen has been about distance restrictions from people who lived far from a dealer and who expected to drive the loaner car out of the dealer's local area. The funniest complaint I've seen was from a teenager who dropped off his or his parents Lexus for service -- he was not given a loaner due to being below the minimum age requirement.